.22LR pistol for plinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe that Heritage Rough Rider hasn't been mentioned yet - it's $50 cheaper than any of the above, shoots great, and you can shoot LR or Mag to boot.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote Buckmark.
Mine has served me well for plinking, Steel Challenge, and the indoor rimfire league matches. I put on a TacSol barrel and grips, Cmore optic, and did the Heggis flip trigger job.
My pics of it are too big to upload, drats.

I had a MKIII 22/45, sold it. It was ok, I prefer the Buckmark
I just sold my P22 (prices on them went way up) It was an ok plinker, I wouldnt compete with it.

I have a Ruger Single Six 50th anniversary thats never been fired, and I dont plan to shoot it either. The cylinder has never been turned or even opened.

I'm shopping for an additional Buckmark.
Those Walther SP22's seem pretty cool too.
I also want a S&W 617 4" but whew, they're pricey.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the S&W 22A? I ahve not seen or heard any reviews about the reliability or accuracy of this plinker.

thanks for your input.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the S&W 22A? I ahve not seen or heard any reviews about the reliability or accuracy of this plinker.

thanks for your input.

I have a 22a. It will shoot any ammo I've shot thru it. It is probabally as accurate as any 200.00 dollar 22 semi auto. The trigger is kinda plasticky.

I have shot a 41, the trigger on that pistol spoiled me for life. I don't even like shooting my 22a now.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like that discription "trigger is kinda plasticy" While that is not exactly good english I know exactly what you meant.

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket trigger kits or if the trigger can be adjusted so it is a little more "metalicy"

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom