2nd rattler this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i was walking a trail to get the sd card from trail camera. look down to see a rattle snake about 3 to 4 feet ahead in the trail. here i was with tennis shoes on and short pants. i have owned the property for almost 16 years. saw 2 rattlers about 12 years ago. now 2 this year ...... a pigmy rattler has no warning that i can hear. they are small enough to not see easily. 20 gauge ......

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm weird but I love snakes and spiders, I think they are cool creatures, I rarely if ever kill one, I move em or go around them, and just let them be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty friendly to snakes other than the copperheads we have around the house. Two dogs bit, one died.

I've got a 5-6' black snake that lives in my shop during the summer. I see him occasionally in the yard or behind something I'm moving. Scares the bejesus out of me, but I know he is a rodent killer, so he is safe. Saw him in the yard once, and ran him across the fence. Those guys are quick! He went under the fence, and went up a locust tree faster than I would have believed.

Not a fan of spiders. They kill a lot of insects, but at night walking into a web, its not a fun sight to see. Thank God I don't have a go-pro on. :D

Hate them in my shop building webs everywhere.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, I hear you on the spider webs, funny thing, I just now was taking out a bag of trash and full faced one on the back porch, big yellow and black spider went right down my back... We have several big rat snakes around, I pick them up and play with them every now and then, my kid loves it, my wife? Not so much, they do keep the mole, gopher, and mice population down so they always get a pass. Their bite hurts like hell though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom