3-gun questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend and I are thinking about trying a 3 gun competition. We had a couple of questions about gear (we know the pistol, rifle, shotgun part). Is it worth getting something like a plate carrier/chest rig or is that kind of over kill. What kind of round count and magazine count are you looking at during a "typical" match? Any other info that you think might be helpful.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This Sunday at okcgc, we will be shooting a 3-gun match. No need for elaborate gear. A couple belt attached shell holders, a double pistol mag holder, a rifle mag holder and your favorite holster is all you need.

Round counts are generally under 100 rifle/100 pistol/75 birdshot and a handful of slugs/buckshot will get you through most local matches. Come on out Sunday.

M

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
300-500 yards!

Just kidding. I do always keep a 300 yard zero, but our longest shots will be as long as we can get in the pistol bays. Make sure you are accurate though as the new scoring matrix will greatly reward accuracy and penalize shooting like crap!

Latest posts

Top Bottom