30-30 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have said, either the Winchester 94 or the Marlin 336. I have both and they are reliable, natural pointing shooters. I recently saw an advertisement for a lever action school. It was an intense course requiring hundreds of rounds fired. The Winchester and Marlin were recommended, however they did not allow Henry rifles on the course. They said Henry rifles had been allowed in previous schools, and almost every one of them failed before the end of the course. They did recommend another brand too, but I can't remember what it was.
That's interesting. I love my Henry. That being said, I've never shot hundreds of rounds continuously. I'll definitely keep that in mind

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 458669
A scope on a lever action rifle just ain't right. :)
Winch 94's.jpg

Above is the TEXASS RANGER TACTICAL SCOUT RIFLE Model 94 Winchester with Bushnell Trophy (multi-reticle red dot) This rifle was purchased from fellow employee for $75. It was resurrected from a hideously bad lifestyle of mis-care (rusted receiver and water-stained stock) into this MODERNIZED MILITARY MARVAL ! (almost a black gun?) It has been in this form for 20yrs, brought along as a backup rifle primarily. But my son and I have taken deer with it.
Below is the Winchester '94 Ranger AE (angle eject) with Bushnell Banner 1.5-4X. Purchased from OSA member 4 years ago as it is for $400 with 2 very minor dings.

Last edited:

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have said, either the Winchester 94 or the Marlin 336. I have both and they are reliable, natural pointing shooters. I recently saw an advertisement for a lever action school. It was an intense course requiring hundreds of rounds fired. The Winchester and Marlin were recommended, however they did not allow Henry rifles on the course. They said Henry rifles had been allowed in previous schools, and almost every one of them failed before the end of the course. They did recommend another brand too, but I can't remember what it was.
Can you by chance share this advertisement?

Latest posts

Top Bottom