300 Blackout/30-06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then everyone should just have a 12g, a .30-30, .22LR, and a .45-70. :) Boring!!

You musta forgot a bolt rifle in your line up, then I say, yes, complete.

I didn't say that is all one would ever need, however, with the 300BO, where it shines, is so limited, to me, it seems nearly pointless. My rifle calibers (center fire) are .223/5.56, .243, 7m-08 and 30-06. These calibers can do everything and more than the 300BO and more. The 300BO isn't nearly as capable as the others and will do only a fraction better in a very small niche use situation.

I would also imagine there are a handful of 300Blackout fanboys that pump up this cartridge because it has "blackout" in its name. It does sound tacticool at least.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You musta forgot a bolt rifle in your line up, then I say, yes, complete.

I didn't say that is all one would ever need, however, with the 300BO, where it shines, is so limited, to me, it seems nearly pointless. My rifle calibers (center fire) are .223/5.56, .243, 7m-08 and 30-06. These calibers can do everything and more than the 300BO and more. The 300BO isn't nearly as capable as the others and will do only a fraction better in a very small niche use situation.

I would also imagine there are a handful of 300Blackout fanboys that pump up this cartridge because it has "blackout" in its name. It does sound tacticool at least.

I was just being me, I know what you mean. I've got 3/4 of those I mentioned in bolt guns by the way:) Don't have the Siamese mauser 4570 anymore or I could have gone 4 for 4! :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm like Mr Glock on this one. I don't know much about the round. People do say that it has it's place but it seems like a fad to me. At a buck or more per round and given its performance I just don't see the need for such a round given what is out there and already available. Probably made the guy who developed the 300BO a ton of money but not much else. Just another way to sell the people another rifle they don't already have.

I have surmised it is not for me. My AR, Tavor, old 30-30 and 30-06 covers everything I need to do. I can appreciate the 300 though, and hope it works for those that are building them. The cost of use is one main glitch for me as well.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. What mfg did you get your parts from to build yours?

Fatboy Anderson lower and upper. MAS defense 8.5 stainless barrel and the other parts needed to finish the upper, phase 5 pistol buffer (waiting on ATF so I can put a stock on it).

So my plan is:

45 ACP - got it.
9mm – need one (just to have NATO round)
300 Blackout – got it Short range suppressed work – hogs and other game
308 – need one to reach out for long game shots. (.308 diameter 110-147 grs used to load 308 and blackout)
Air rifle – need one for small game hunting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom