.300 Blk. Out, wanted 1, got 1, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 2 metal mags and a pmag [not the blackout version].

As for the pistol, it was a kit from PSA, so I'm not sure they provided the gas port size. Should be a standard milspec buffer spring and buffer, I believe.

None off the ammo I tested, so far, has been subsonic.

Yes, bolt locks on an empty mag.

It is odd that a kit wouldn’t function properly. Could be a problem with the feed ramp, but I like to look for the easier fixes first. Run it with a wet bolt. Really wet. A stronger spring might help with loading. And most ports are standard 3/32, but I have drilled several out to a full 1/8 and achieved better results. Playing with the buffer weight sometimes helps resolve issues as well.

I wish I could give you a better, straight forward answer, but as I’ve said on here before, the Blackout is a finicky beotch! Sometimes it takes a lot of experimenting to get them to run the way they should.

Brian Wood

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is odd that a kit wouldn’t function properly. Could be a problem with the feed ramp, but I like to look for the easier fixes first. Run it with a wet bolt. Really wet. A stronger spring might help with loading. And most ports are standard 3/32, but I have drilled several out to a full 1/8 and achieved better results. Playing with the buffer weight sometimes helps resolve issues as well.

I wish I could give you a better, straight forward answer, but as I’ve said on here before, the Blackout is a finicky beotch! Sometimes it takes a lot of experimenting to get them to run the way they should.

Thanks, I'll try getting her extra wet first, see what that does [cheap solution first] then I'll try other mags.

Drilling a gas port isn't something I'm ready to tackle...

Updated. I did take a dremmel and some polishing compound and lightly polished the feed ramps to make sure they were extra smooth... I'll try shooting this weekend with them polished and then with extra wet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom