.35 Whelen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would heed David's advice and at least check the chamber as he suggests. If you don't know who David of D&T is, try searching for D&T Custom Rifles. I dare say he has more experience with single shot rifles (building them and shooting them) than half of the members of this forum put together.

Oh believe me, I follow all of his threads. I've actually got a 7.92x57 barrel I've been thinking about stubbing.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too sexy. I would too afraid of dinging or scratching it to take it out into the woods, lol. What kind of scope did you decide on for that perttty thing?

Since I only really carry my Handi's as truck and traveling guns, I've kind of made it a rule to only use scopes I find on the cheap on them. I've got a Vari-X 4-12 on my .223, an old Bushnell 3-9 on the 308, an old steel tube Weaver 4x on the 444, and an old redfield frontier 4x on the 45-70. Mostly pawnshop finds, and a couple I horse traded for on here.

I'm not afraid of dings and scratches; they just add character. Most people that bought one of that run (250) probably stashed them in a safe. I drag mine through the woods and sit in the rain all day with it because I'm so effing hardcore. Not as hardcore as 264Magnum, but hey, I do what I can.

It wears a VX-3 in 1.75-6x. Only negative is at low magnification the front sight is in the scope, but I got used to it quickly.

Less yapping! Your next post in this thread better be of a new .35 Whelen Handi-rifle.

Yup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom