.357 Sig Worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a version of that chart that shows the 10mm round too. It's a lot more devastating. 10mm. That's a man's round. ;)
I was about to ask who took the 10mm out of that picture.

I do not have a sig .357 pistol, but I'm tempted to buy one because I can find the ammo easily right now during this crisis. Outdoor America had pallets of cases of .357 sig the other day. 9mm and 45acp is hard to find right now. .357sig and .40 are pretty easy to find.
What brand of 357 sig did they have?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love 357 SIG, I had a Steyr M-A1 with a 357 barrel during the 2009 ammo shortage and could often find ammo. A lot of police use it so there's a lot made.
But for the noise and flash... I'd just as soon use a 10mm and throw a heavy bullet fast instead of a light bullet.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love 357 SIG, I had a Steyr M-A1 with a 357 barrel during the 2009 ammo shortage and could often find ammo. A lot of police use it so there's a lot made.
But for the noise and flash... I'd just as soon use a 10mm and throw a heavy bullet fast instead of a light bullet.

I bought a barrel for my Steyr as well.... pricey but damn it's a nice shooting .357 platform. Wished I could've afforded a Hipower .40 convo when I came across one.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure it has to do with bullet weight - standard 40SW load is 180gn, 357Sig - 124gn: shoot some 135s out of 40 - and you won't be able to tell the difference.

You sound like a true 9mm man (like me) - I haven't found a round is a fair trade-off to 9mm handle-ability, capacity, energy and cost. When .30 Luger got necked up - IMHO perfect handgun cartridge was created.

You are correct, I am a nine man. It is a good handle-able round, and flys pretty true, while delivering a potent punch. I do like .357 sig, as I refer to it as "Super 9."

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was about to ask who took the 10mm out of that picture.

10mm-1.jpg

Voilà!