45 raptor... new 308 based ar10 cartridge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh no. I have survived all this time without a AR10 platform. That thing looks bad ass. It only has 160 FPS gain on the 458 socom with a 300 grain bullet.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like new AR cartridges but doesn't seem to offer enough to make carrying around an AR10 and paying the extra for that platform when a .458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf will get the same job done in a lighter andless expensive platform. Just my opinion...I hope it succeeds though.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh no. I have survived all this time without a AR10 platform. That thing looks bad ass. It only has 160 FPS gain on the 458 socom with a 300 grain bullet.

ya, think it really could be longer. talk of spacers in magazines... kinda silly. seems like ya could almost fit it into an ar15 with its current length

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like new AR cartridges but doesn't seem to offer enough to make carrying around an AR10 and paying the extra for that platform when a .458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf will get the same job done in a lighter andless expensive platform. Just my opinion...I hope it succeeds though.

ya weight is a big thing. unless they wanted that big beefy bolt to absorb shock and add strength? seems like they limited market, as lotsa folks have ar15s, but not as many have 10s

Latest posts

Top Bottom