5 shot 38 special?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 442 and it's a great little gun, but it did have some solid kick. It took quite a few shots to get used to it, but it's not bad. My wife wasn't a bit fan of it and much prefers her XDs and TCP. They don't have the revolver reliability, but they're easier to shoot and hold more ammo (not that that's news). It's a call she needs to make after shooting a few.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sure would, but have her take a semi auto to the course so she can then carry whatever she wants. J frame smith been handy lil pistols for ages, too bad nice ones ain't cheap anymore.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and to add to that, a good, well used smith 36 would be a good one. No need to worry about finish (as it will be thin most likely) and it should be broken in. I would avoid rossi and taurus for no reason than if you want a smith, get one...638's are cheap now.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been carrying a J-frame 640ND since 1993, and my wife's favorite pistol is my Browning BDA380. That being said, I just picked Walther CCP that has the smoothest slide operation of any gun I've ever tried. I think a five year old could operate it. With an operation similar to the HK-P-7, recoil is minimal, and just about anyone would be able to operate her.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been carrying a J-frame 640ND since 1993, and my wife's favorite pistol is my Browning BDA380. That being said, I just picked Walther CCP that has the smoothest slide operation of any gun I've ever tried. I think a five year old could operate it. With an operation similar to the HK-P-7, recoil is minimal, and just about anyone would be able to operate her.

I was real interested in my wife trying out one of the Walther CCP's when we bought her carry gun, but there was none out there to be rented or fondled. Main reason was I'd read that the slide could be racked very easily, and that was her main concern.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a class called 'Firearms For Women' where i bring 15 handguns of diff size, caliber, weight for the lady students to shoot. Revolvers, semi-autos, .22 to .45 and home defense shotgun. After the class a student will know which gun is right for them. Let your wife decide for herself.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a class called 'Firearms For Women' where i bring 15 handguns of diff size, caliber, weight for the lady students to shoot. Revolvers, semi-autos, .22 to .45 and home defense shotgun. After the class a student will know which gun is right for them. Let your wife decide for herself.
That's exactly what happened. She tried all of the pistols I have at home, then we went to OKC to Wilshire and H&H to rent guns for her to try. One of the first she picked up was the sig 938 in 9mm. No matter how many we tried, she always went back to that one, so that is the one she brought home.

The Walther was not to be found so I don't know if she would have liked it or not. Sure would like to have had that option to throw into the mix though.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have your daughter handle them and find one that way. My dad bout my sister a baretta nano and since it isn't fun to shoot she doesn't practice with it. I let her try a glock 17 and a 26 and she loved those. Certain guns fit certain people differently. If there are any guns that she loves and wants to shoot post it up. If i have one of them i will gladly meet you at the range so she can try it. You just provide the ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom