$500 89 Chevy pickup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read about this like 15 or 20yrs ago??? I recall it was a Chevy pickup using 3k oil changes on a flat tappet TBI 350 (thought it was a 1990 model though) and he was using Pennzoil yellow bottle with a cheap Fram filter.Is this the same story recycled from years ago?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read about this like 15 or 20yrs ago??? I recall it was a Chevy pickup using 3k oil changes on a flat tappet TBI 350 (thought it was a 1990 model though) and he was using Pennzoil yellow bottle with a cheap Fram filter.Is this the same story recycled from years ago?

No idea if it’s the same. This guy is running Amsoil through multiple bypass systems.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
looool i thought this was a reference to my truck that got stolen. i guess that's just my ego getting me again :) :)

someone in that thread called my '92 cheyenne with the 350 and a 5spd a "$500 truck". loooool

they probably own a tesla that a chinese kid could hack and will need $10k in repair in 10 years literally guaranteed.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looool i thought this was a reference to my truck that got stolen. i guess that's just my ego getting me again :) :)

someone in that thread called my '92 cheyenne with the 350 and a 5spd a "$500 truck". loooool

they probably own a tesla that a chinese kid could hack and will need $10k in repair in 10 years literally guaranteed.
I got to drive various versions of those pickups back in the day, but the funnest was the one stick shift with the 350 I got to drive.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got to drive various versions of those pickups back in the day, but the funnest was the one stick shift with the 350 I got to drive.
yep. now that it's cold i've got some free time to look her over. but the gf is really sick from a wedding we attended in texas over the weekend (she is ((vaxed)) so her immune system simply doesn't function as well as mine, i'm totally fine and i spent over 12 hours in the car with her as we took the talimena bypass and saw the tornado damage in idabel and i digress), so i'm attending to her.

EVENTUALLY i will have a chance to see what they ruined on her. it's my favorite vehicle that i have owned and i've owned several. i take it to black mesa every year for okie tex if i can, i'll get her running and get there next year.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep. now that it's cold i've got some free time to look her over. but the gf is really sick from a wedding we attended in texas over the weekend (she is ((vaxed)) so her immune system simply doesn't function as well as mine, i'm totally fine and i spent over 12 hours in the car with her as we took the talimena bypass and saw the tornado damage in idabel and i digress), so i'm attending to her.

EVENTUALLY i will have a chance to see what they ruined on her. it's my favorite vehicle that i have owned and i've owned several. i take it to black mesa every year for okie tex if i can, i'll get her running and get there next year.
I had no idea you got it back...was it on the southside like I predicted?

Latest posts

Top Bottom