6.5 Creedmoor Savage Axis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from shooting at 200 yards..I used 1 load 38.8gr Varget cci 200 this time and 2.780 OAL.
5 rounds made 1.25" group measured center to center with federal cases.
Lapua cases shot left of that load and grouped larger.

That load in federal cases does not look too bad for 200 yards with shifty light winds.
This scope cross hairs will cover 1" at 200 yards and that makes aiming small a bit hard.
No odd fliers in that 5 shot so that is a plus.
I will try a couple more loads in that rifle before calling it done and heading to longer distances.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@swampratt You wouldn't happen to have any load data for a Hornady 52 grain ELD Match bullet for a 22-250 would you? I'm having trouble finding anything online specific to that bullet, and I don't have a Hornady manual.

You can either email Hornady support or next time you’re at cabelas look in one of the Hornady reloading manuals

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My savage shoots the Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr. ELDX best. Since I don't reload, I tried numerous brands and weights. In general it shot any ammo in the 140 -145 gr range much better than anything in the 120 - 130 gr range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom