6.5 Grendel build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got a mag and some ammo today, but dam it's cold out there and I got to go to work tonight! Yesterday it was in the 60's and today I dunno but it's cold and the wind is blowing pretty good here. Get ya a range report as soon as I can.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear how this thing shoots! Keep us posted.

My Alexander Arms mags came in the other day. I already have a mount but need to decide on a scope. I'm really thinking about another Bushnell Elite 6500.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went out and shot the 6.5 today. I only had 20 rounds of ammo availabe, as I have not made time to reload. Got it sighted in and shot a 6rd group that were all touching. Didn't measure it, but I can quarantee that it was under a 3/4" spread. I forgot several items today, including my camera!

On a side note, my buddy and I decided to experiment with the 6.5 in a 223 mag. Worked fine with a 223 follower. Only thing that I noticed was that I had to have the bolt locked back, otherwise when you put a loaded 223 mag in with 6.5 ammo, the bolt would strip the 1st round off the mag when you pulled it back. Just thought it was interesting that it did that, because I have no idea why. Just stripped it off the mag and left laying there, which if you did not clear it out of the way would have caused a double feed and a jam.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question, I never measured it because it came with the barrel setup that I bought. I'll see if I can get that info for you though. I'm pretty sure it's a midlength setup, but don't quote me on that.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it continues! Got a stripped lower to finish up the complete lower. I have ordered some other small parts, such as ambi safety, midwest industries endplate, bought a factory RRA complete stock/tube setup (for the tube, spring, and buffer) but got a steal on it from another forum. Think I could get all or most of my money back by selling the stock itself!

I'll get some pics of the lower up and what I have together so far, here shortly. Just thought I'd continue the thread until it's done. Thanks