'69 Rd.Runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall

Marksman
Reaction score
I was offered one exactly like that. No options of any kind, B5 Blue 383 4 speed with no power anything. The car had the standard split bench front seat and blue vinyl interior. The original owner still had it in 1974. The place was St. Paul Minnesota and the rear quarter panels were missing the lower 12" on each side. Floors were rusty and so was the trunk floor. His asking price was $300 and I passed.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a '69. 383 spontaneously disassembled itself at high rpm (piston decided to exit motor.) Was probably faster than factory, due to steel cancer. Loved the loud clunk from worn u-joints when shifting the 727 into reverse. Rear quarters shot, places in the trunk you could see pavement through, when lifted the plastic mat, was primer red. Vehicle was only 15 years old when I had it, 4 owners, 75K miles and the "Beep Beep" horn (Voice of the Road Runner) worked after spraying WD-40 in it. Still had many stock parts and had 80's style slapper bars. Seat cover hid the vinyl cracks and splits. Those were fun days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom