$75,000.00 signing bonus for new officers in Alameda, CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When they have to offer a big bonus, Id say theyre getting desperate wouldnt you think? Every officer Ive talked to in the last 6 months has agreed to the desperation of departments to get more officers on their force. Maybe all of us between the ages of 24-35 oughta fill every open slot in LE and see how it goes!

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When they have to offer a big bonus, Id say theyre getting desperate wouldnt you think? Every officer Ive talked to in the last 6 months has agreed to the desperation of departments to get more officers on their force. Maybe all of us between the ages of 24-35 oughta fill every open slot in LE and see how it goes!
Exactly, that's why Owasso along with some other agencies recently dropped their requirement that all officers must have a college degree.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met a member here that lives in OK and is a full time officer in California. He flies to California works 3 or 4 Days (longer shifts) and then flies home. Rinse and repeat every week. He has family in the area where he works so he stays with them while working. Pays better than anything he can find here. He also states that many officers are doing the same.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I met a member here that lives in OK and is a full time officer in California. He flies to California works 3 or 4 Days (longer shifts) and then flies home. Rinse and repeat every week. He has family in the area where he works so he stays with them while working. Pays better than anything he can find here. He also states that many officers are doing the same.

They pay to fly him out too?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own, but I say F*ck that and F*ck commiefornia. Let that sewer reap what it sowed.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if I was younger and so inclined to do it again, even with the sign-on bonus, they couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in that cesspool.
When a 520sq ft home in Alameda is $600,000, that $75,000 bonus is equal to $5k bonus here. That whole area is a joke. End of story!
6BF4A948-8032-4A1C-A682-4D5D034E208E.jpeg

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That I do not know. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. If I remember correctly he states most of the fireman in that area are all out of state And do the same thing
many of the firefighters in cali’s urban areas commute from other states, work exchange shifts consecutively for a month or so, with others doing the same thing on opposite shifts, and then have a couple months off. 30 days of straight 24s ain’t a bad gig if you don’t have a family yet and want to make the most of your off time. Their pay is usually a whole lot higher than here, of course, but their pensions are also much higher % of their salary than here, if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom