7th-grader suspended for having gun keychain(size of a quarter)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If every kid in that school would bring the same key chain on the same day they would not suspend the entire student population. It would hurt the attendance numbers and lower the amount of money they get.

Why not every Adult go to the polling places and vote these idiots out

That's not a kids job, theyre job is to be kids, have we forgotten that?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why is the discussion in this thread about the parents or the student? Isn't the absurdity of political correctness in school policy and the indoctrination of students to fear a harmless symbol on a key chain the appropriate topic? A symbol that I think most on here would agree is an object that represents a tool used for good. A tool used to preserve liberty, provide sustenance, preserve life, learn discipline and respect for life. An object that is used for sport, and the art of self defense while sometimes also being a work of art.

73-78.4% of the american population is completely fine with indoctrination... And I'm no fan of zero-tolerance rules either, but had the parents been proactive in their roles, we wouldn't be having these conversations. Keychain, picture, teeshirt... Doesn't matter. Firearms in every shape/form do not belong around kids at school. It sucks this kid caught suspension, but you can't let one kid slide, and the next not. While it may not always resemble fairness, it is.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
73-78.4% of the american population is completely fine with indoctrination... And I'm no fan of zero-tolerance rules either, but had the parents been proactive in their roles, we wouldn't be having these conversations. Keychain, picture, teeshirt... Doesn't matter. Firearms in every shape/form do not belong around kids at school. It sucks this kid caught suspension, but you can't let one kid slide, and the next not. While it may not always resemble fairness, it is.

Your contention that attentive, proactive parents can maintain 100% control over a teenager is simply stupid.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Firearms in every shape/form do not belong around kids at school.

i1180.photobucket.com_albums_x410_farmerbyron_Guns_501AD1F6_5Bf2976c1303828ac7255396a4293de995.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with that! But we are talking about key chain here.

I know. It's full retard for the kid to catch flak for it, but the utmost strictness is the only way to drive home the message that guns aren't ok to bring to school. There will be martyrs in the wake of zero-tolerance rules, and it sucks... But that's one thing that should be driven home with an iron fist.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know. It's full retard for the kid to catch flak for it, but the utmost strictness is the only way to drive home the message that guns aren't ok to bring to school. There will be martyrs in the wake of zero-tolerance rules, and it sucks... But that's one thing that should be driven home with an iron fist.

EVERYONE KNOWS its not okay to bring guns to school. Key chains and NRA shirts have NO relation to school shootings or who might commit any illegal or heinous act . Common sense is what we need in our schools and society as a whole. What we do not need in schools or anywhere is more frivolous quashing of expressions of individuality and individual rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom