7th-grader suspended for having gun keychain(size of a quarter)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, what about making the 7th grader responsible , why the parents?

Kids do stuff all the time without theyre parents permission....remember?

Now they should work towards repealing that stoopid law, the parents , That is theyre job.

The kid got suspended. How is he not being her responsible? I agree that the parents are at fault too in a sense but what punishment would you suggest?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate?

No-tolerance rules are stupid, but any parent that agrees to send their kid to public schools agrees to any of those stupid rules. Also, it is the parents role to know what their kid is taking to school. Go through that bag, habitually. When the kid is at school, maybe go through their room, see what's what. It is their job

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No-tolerance rules are stupid, but any parent that agrees to send their kid to public schools agrees to any of those stupid rules. Also, it is the parents role to know what their kid is taking to school. Go through that bag, habitually. When the kid is at school, maybe go through their room, see what's what. It is their job

I'll just say this is the most assinine statement I've ever heard from someone who....oh nevermind ...iggy list

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If every kid in that school would bring the same key chain on the same day they would not suspend the entire student population. It would hurt the attendance numbers and lower the amount of money they get.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Punishment should fit the crime, it was a friggin key chain! Ya the rule is stupid, but still a rule. Confiscate the kids keys, make him write a report or whatever. A Suspension is asinine.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why is the discussion in this thread about the parents or the student? Isn't the absurdity of political correctness in school policy and the indoctrination of students to fear a harmless symbol on a key chain the appropriate topic? A symbol that I think most on here would agree is an object that represents a tool used for good. A tool used to preserve liberty, provide sustenance, preserve life, learn discipline and respect for life. An object that is used for sport, and the art of self defense while sometimes also being a work of art.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why is the discussion in this thread about the parents or the student? Isn't the absurdity of political correctness in school policy and the indoctrination of students to fear a harmless symbol on a key chain the appropriate topic? A symbol that I think most on here would agree is an object that represents a tool used for good. A tool used to preserve liberty, provide sustenance, preserve life, learn discipline and respect for life. An object that is used for sport, and the art of self defense while sometimes also being a work of art.

Yes , but you have to change the laws first.

Breaking the law ,just because you think its unfair..."The Murican way"...??

Latest posts

Top Bottom