870 Police Magnum Extension or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keep the extension or ditch it?

• Keep the extension on the shotgun. It makes zombies scared and gun grabbers wet their pants

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Loose the extension and keep it classic looking.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence, but the good thing is I can make up my mind after the shotgun is refinished. I'll start out without the extension. I'll just have it refinished at the same time.

Now if I can only find someone that works on shotguns that isn't 6 weeks out on work. The common consensus is everyone is booked up on projects and it will be several weeks. If I only had the setup to do my own refinishing and coating. However, I don't want this gun to be my first refinishing project.

I have a pile of parts in the corner of my office. Stock, sights, magazine spring and cap. Just need to find the fastest turn around.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence, but the good thing is I can make up my mind after the shotgun is refinished. I'll start out without the extension. I'll just have it refinished at the same time.

Now if I can only find someone that works on shotguns that isn't 6 weeks out on work. The common consensus is everyone is booked up on projects and it will be several weeks. If I only had the setup to do my own refinishing and coating. However, I don't want this gun to be my first refinishing project.

I have a pile of parts in the corner of my office. Stock, sights, magazine spring and cap. Just need to find the fastest turn around.

Did you contact Yeller? I think he does scattergun work. At least, he told me he could fix the safety issue on that Mossy 500 I was planning on getting.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I did. He was the first I contacted. He doesn't usually work on shotguns. He did not say no, just that he usually doesn't work on them.

As usual he is backed up with work on his passion, pistols.

I have contacted 5 seperate smiths that are known for their refinishing work. Only 3 have gotten back to me with some sort of answer. The highest one by far was $250-275 to prep and finish. This did not include removing the rear sight base or install of the ghost rings. Turn around was 4-6 MONTHS. Yes you read months.

H&H is sitting at about 6 weeks and had a decent price.

I'm still needing to hear back from the other 2 and pick one.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a gorgeous 870 today with synthetic furniture. It had the 2 round extension, the barrel/mag clamp and a basic sling - not all dressed up like most scatterguns you see nowadays, but still a beautiful shotty.

It belonged to a Tulsa County Deputy. T'was was propped up in the corner of the guard shack at the east gate of LARC.

Lots of wear all up and down it. If only that scattergun could talk...the stories it could tell.

Pure sexy! :naughty:

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say leave it on cause anytime u can have more ammo ready to fire u should

would u use a 10 round mag in a pistol if a 15 was avaliable?

Latest posts

Top Bottom