90 lbs pull magnet?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work in the disc drive industry. The tiny magnets in the rotary motors were some of the most powerful ones around. They were so powerful we had to start coating them in a E-coat to help keep them from exploding.

ETA: there were a couple times early in that career when people put one in both front pockets to keep them separated and had them slam together halfway in between on their junk. 🤣😂😆
Long Long ago I was in the same industry and the older drives had the larger magnets in them and if allowed to slam together they would explode. I could move one through a 1 inch thick board. I was showing off one day and I could get two to hold on both sides of wrist. until they slid to the side with a meat chunk between. respect good magnets!

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They seem oddly 'attractive' for some reason.
But then again; I've always been pulled towards magnets since a child, & have quite a few around now.
Very useful & interesting objects indeed.
Lots of cool uses on:
(insert random formerly fun, but lately over-saturated with annoying advertising & politically based bias video channel here).
.....IF you have time to sort through the crap.

Just imagine having a giant, heavy-lift HeliChopter (a la Sikorsky or a Russian 'Halo') with a huge, scrap yard grade electromagnet'r two swooping over some of these massive Medieval battlefields.

https://www.medievalchronicles.com/...10-most-historically-important-medieval-wars/

Why, a few careful passes, some quick drops in the bay, & the 'Hundred Years War' woulda been christened 'The Great Dragon Attack That Was Over by 3:30 PM, Greenwich Time'.
Ah yes, Sire;...... the power of Magnets.
They DO have their Plusses & their Minuses.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But then again; I've always been pulled towards magnets since a child, & have quite a few around now.
Lots of cool uses on:
(insert random formerly fun, but lately over-saturated with annoying advertising & politically based bias video channel here).

Just imagine having a giant, heavy-lift HeliChopter (a la Sikorsky or a Russian 'Halo') with a huge, scrap yard grade electromagnet'r two swooping over some of these massive Medieval battlefields.

https://www.medievalchronicles.com/...10-most-historically-important-medieval-wars/

Why, a few careful passes, some quick drops in the bay, & the 'Hundred Years War' woulda been christened 'The Great Dragon Attack That Was Over by 3:30 PM, Greenwich Time'.
I’m always reading stories about folks using metal detectors over there finding coins and weapons in the old battlefields.

James Ocholik

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of cool uses on:

Since I worked on Sikorsky CH-53's, I would trust them..

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya got yer 'Ferrous' (Ironical) & yer 'Non-Ferrous' (pretty much every other kinda metal) targets. These aren't as big a deal as they 1nce were, but them damn aluminum 'Pop Tops' of Yore were a ***** to work around. Lots of us spent an entire decade or two tossing little bits of metal all over the same places we were most likely to loose metal 'valuables' with no thought that someday, in our waning years, we'd spend good money on devices to return to same areas to search for all those 'My Granma's' rings & chains that our favorite party girls lost around the bonfire/ beach/ old bridge.
....Modern tech has helped a lot, & like our memories- a lot of those tabs & cans have eroded into harmlessness.
Plus; Modern electronic tech can yeild detectors to weed out all kindsa 'interference'.
I think Metal detecting is a great hobby, overall; but, personally, I still have issues with some of these SOBs who choose to practice it in doorways of popular 'Public' places.
How the He!! does stripping me of my chosen forms of personal protection make me 'Safer'?

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I worked on Sikorsky CH-53's, I would trust them..
'Sikorsky' is just Ruski 4 'Amerikanski' .....is it not?
Good stuff N E Way.
Our only real N M Es, are InterNt'l, Borderless Banksters.

P S-
I came out of the grocers 2 night, & and a man & wife were 'staking me out' wanting 2 buy my old American badged Jap Made car....as they only had 5 of 'em...so far.
Eventually; we got to around to discussing our strange (often CONtrived) local weather patterns (including the 'Usual Suspects' AKA Hail & Tornadoes...
He mentioned that the Air Force Bases has to move entire fields of Al skinned craft to avoid Hail damage.
Pretty obvious, IF ya think about- (but I just never did).
I'd MUCH rather fly in a 'smooth' aircraft than a beat-up 'rippley' one-
...Come to think about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom