9mm AR Upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seek knowledge.
Looking into a 9mm upper. any input?
What works what doesn't. Do the mag well conversions work?
I seek information.

From my sniper hide

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your just wanting an upper to switch out , I'd stay with the Hahn blocks. They have a couple ones to choose from dedicated , top load & bottom load. I used the dedicated and just left it strictly 9mm build, I won't ever change it. Check with JSE surplus if you want to keep the cost down , Cmmg and the guys at Adco are good to go aswell.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your just wanting an upper to switch out , I'd stay with the Hahn blocks. They have a couple ones to choose from dedicated , top load & bottom load. I used the dedicated and just left it strictly 9mm build, I won't ever change it. Check with JSE surplus if you want to keep the cost down , Cmmg and the guys at Adco are good to go aswell.
Yea I'd prefer just an upper but are there any feeding issues with just the upper+conversion block

From my sniper hide

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with BigD. The Hahn block works great. I have also used Rock River and Spike's blocks without problems. I had a CMMG lower that was a one piece 9mm lower.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problems. Build it and take it to the range , take some tools with ya just incase. You won't know 100% till you let her rip. I prefer the ejector to slightly ride the bolt & make sure it locks back. It's just something I've done & works if I have problems . 9mm and .22 builds can be a bit finicky...

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problems. Build it and take it to the range , take some tools with ya just incase. You won't know 100% till you let her rip. I prefer the ejector to slightly ride the bolt & make sure it locks back. It's just something I've done & works if I have problems . 9mm and .22 builds can be a bit finicky...
Once they get rolling do they stay good or do they have to be tuned every so often?

From my sniper hide

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once you get em goin they should be good for awhile. I'm not over 1000rds yet on my build . I've done a few for family and most have seen 5k or more no problems . Just keeping it clean would be the most important part.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once you get em goin they should be good for awhile. I'm not over 1000rds yet on my build . I've done a few for family and most have seen 5k or more no problems . Just keeping it clean would be the most important part.
Would you mine helping me get the right parts and assemble it?

From my sniper hide