Incredibly Short Approval Times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issues I have are this
1) I don't know anything about suppressors as I have never used one
2) don't like being married to anything
3) don't like asking permission or giving Gov the ability to come in at anytime

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issues I have are this
1) I don't know anything about suppressors as I have never used one
2) don't like being married to anything
3) don't like asking permission or giving Gov the ability to come in at anytime
As to your first point, suppressors simply reduce the decibel (sound) level in many gun platforms to hearing safe levels (under 140dB). They can in some firearms reduce recoil and improve accuracy. In short, they can make the shooting sports more enjoyable for the shooter and anyone within hearing range.

Can't help you with your second point, but to your third, there is a myth that having a suppressor forfeits your 4th Amendment rights. That is simply not so.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am tempted to get one, probably doesn't matter that the aft has records of 1 billion firearms, howevr maybe they got smart and view this as a way to get more info. Make the process easy and fast, no reason to get a suppressor unless you have a firearm... Perhaps their records aren't all that good.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well dang. I am still waiting. Really patiently waiting (if you consider looking at my email to see if I have a new one from the ATF or Silencer Central (in case the ATF went to the spam folder patiently waiting) every 30 seconds patiently waiting.)

After seeing people getting theirs quickly, I broke down and emailed Senator Mullin's office. Figure if he can make a fool of himself on TV challenging the teamsters to a fight, his office probably will be a good one to go against the ATF, and just ask a question since I have gotten the same thing for the past month from the ATF. It's pending. ETA August.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well dang. I am still waiting. Really patiently waiting (if you consider looking at my email to see if I have a new one from the ATF or Silencer Central (in case the ATF went to the spam folder patiently waiting) every 30 seconds patiently waiting.)

After seeing people getting theirs quickly, I broke down and emailed Senator Mullin's office. Figure if he can make a fool of himself on TV challenging the teamsters to a fight, his office probably will be a good one to go against the ATF, and just ask a question since I have gotten the same thing for the past month from the ATF. It's pending. ETA August.
If you get any news/results from contacting Mullin, please share.

My Rugged Oculus is "Pending ATF Approval" on a Trust since March 28. A few days ago, I ordered a Rugged Obsidian 9 as an Individual. Thinking the Obsidian may come first.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get any news/results from contacting Mullin, please share.

My Rugged Oculus is "Pending ATF Approval" on a Trust since March 28. A few days ago, I ordered a Rugged Obsidian 9 as an Individual. Thinking the Obsidian may come first.
Oh I heard from Senator Mullin's, and it was a nice form letter with the status of all three showing pending.

On a side note...two of three, both the February submissions (Banish 22 o. FEB 7, and Banish 30 on Feb 8) have now been approved as of 13 and 14 Feb.

So contacting the Senator was a probable net zero gain.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought two in May and had approvals in less than 48 hours. Not a trust, and
Electronic finger prints. Bought a couple at a place that mails finger prints, one
Was 9 days, the other was 40 days, from April into may. I have heard stories about
It being all over the place

Latest posts

Top Bottom