9mm PCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3b51296deca31afb5527b00248404e32.jpg

It’s already on it as delivered but will likely need a spacer or riser.

On my pistol, I unbolt the adapter and it matches a RMR mount pattern.

I’m not sure how far off the mount height will be. Likely I will have to mount a spacer depending on the stock. I plan on using one on a MPX one if these days.

Since it is an RMR base, there are several options out there.

Ok, I see what your doing. A riser is certainly going to be in order. Thanks for the info!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Interesting handguard. I want PCP. (Pistol caliber pistol). To me it shines in a shorter package, but I understand some groups or sports don’t like the less than carbine length.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks good DH!

I'll be interested to hear when you get more rounds thru it how that Timney works out. It sounds like it'll work. My Geissele didn't work at all. Turned it into a single shot. Weird thing is that you could function test it all day long and the charging handle would reset it every time, but in live fire it was a total fail. I know the JP and Hyperfire triggers work with the 9mm bolt. Everything else is suspect except for mil-spec without the "notched" hammer. I had a polished nickel boron coated CMMG trigger and that fixed mine.

As for ammo, I gave up on gaming it. My JP barrel runs my pistol gamer load out at about 145PF. I'd never be able to back it down and still get reliability as it's already a really light charge of fast powder. If you go to some 95 grain Bayous or some such maybe. Mad Proffesor might have more info, he's the load guru. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks good DH!

I'll be interested to hear when you get more rounds thru it how that Timney works out. It sounds like it'll work. My Geissele didn't work at all. Turned it into a single shot. Weird thing is that you could function test it all day long and the charging handle would reset it every time, but in live fire it was a total fail. I know the JP and Hyperfire triggers work with the 9mm bolt. Everything else is suspect except for mil-spec without the "notched" hammer. I had a polished nickel boron coated CMMG trigger and that fixed mine.

As for ammo, I gave up on gaming it. My JP barrel runs my pistol gamer load out at about 145PF. I'd never be able to back it down and still get reliability as it's already a really light charge of fast powder. If you go to some 95 grain Bayous or some such maybe. Mad Proffesor might have more info, he's the load guru. :D

I rapid fired the 10 test rounds in groups of 2 without a hiccup. The trigger seems to be working.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well it's about time Dennis!

That Timney should do fine. The hammer comes up far enough for that ramped bolt to reset it.
I have 2, one of them that has the same upper as yours, which uses glock mags and the other is a Colt mag block.
Rise RA-140 3.5lb single stage is in the Glock lower
Black Rain 3.5lb single stage in the Colt lower

The only time I ever have trouble with either of them is when I try to use hollow points. If i stick with RN, all is well.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking today I might do an AR9 for my next build, but will probably do it in a pistol style. These use a blowback system instead of DI correct? So no need for a gas block/gas tube? I might do a budget build (don't think the better half will accept another $1200 build, at least if I want to sleep in the bed) so probably stick with mostly PSA though I will probably get a better trigger than mil-spec.

Latest posts

Top Bottom