A Big G'Day from Midwest City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vearl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being new to this site, I wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Charles, though I use 'Montego1317' as my screen name. I've been living in Midwest City since 2005 (this time), having moved here from Colorado. I had also lived previously in Oklahoma City for a short time (1999 - 2000), as well as a couple of years in Lawton (1976 - 1978) courtesy of the US Army. For some reason I keep coming back to Oklahoma - I guess I was just meant to be here LOL.

I'm not new to the firearm scene, having gotten my first weapon (Winchester .22) when I was about 8. Since then I've been the proud owner of a Remington 30.06, Mossberg 600 12 Ga, Ruger .44 mag, S&W .357 mag, Taurus .25, AK-47, Mossberg 'Shockwave', Thompson Center .54 Black Powder {cap} (2), and have been trained in and/or have used an M-14, M-16A2, M-4, M3 'Grease Gun', and an M-1911, to name a few.

Over the years, as I had gotten older and reduced my hunting, I had disposed of all my different weapons. Recently however, I've purchased a Mossberg 'Shockwave' for use in confined areas as a HD firearm (before I discovered that they are [debatable] not legal to possess under state law). I am hoping that Oklahoma follows Texas in rewriting some of their gun laws to address this . . . but I'm not holding my breath.

Thank you for welcoming me to your site and I look forward to getting to know many of you.
WELCOME CHARLES,
I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM ALSO. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN HARRAH, OKLA. JUST EAST OF MIDWEST CITY.
I RETIRED FROM THE MIDWEST CITY POLICE DEPT IN 1988 AFTER 20 YRS OF SERVICE.
WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND GO SHOOT AT THE LEXINGTON WMA GUN RANGE.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WELCOME CHARLES,
I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM ALSO. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN HARRAH, OKLA. JUST EAST OF MIDWEST CITY.
I RETIRED FROM THE MIDWEST CITY POLICE DEPT IN 1988 AFTER 20 YRS OF SERVICE.
WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND GO SHOOT AT THE LEXINGTON WMA GUN RANGE.
Welcome to OSA my friend. I haven't been on this site in awhile but occasionally pop in to see what's new.
I thank you for your invitation and would enjoy the range time, however, I have [over the last few years] been developing cataracts and can no longer see the range targets well enough to shoot worth a darn. I hope to be able to get eye surgery done at the VA soon to correct this situation and then I'll give 'ya a run for your money LOL. Thanks again for your offer, which I hope to take you up on soon. Oh and BTW, Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom