Excess inventory of used firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently she does or she wouldn’t be spending it monkeying around on her phone watching TikTok videos. If she wants to help the business then she needs to get off her arse and make stuff happen 😉
And apparently some want her to do it for next to nothing and/or think it costs nothing to make stuff happen.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you think an FFL facilitating a transfer costs them nothing? Is their time worthless?
Out of pocket expense, and yes their time is worthless unless they are bringing money in. Big retailers spend a fortune just trying to get people in the door, ever see an add for something too cheap? That's a loss leader, they paid more for something than you will pay for it to get you in the store and buy other things. That is the mentality you need. A lot of these guys must think you're going to drive by and throw money out the window at them.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I met that guy as I was walking in to "Big Boys" today. Sounds like what I found, an excess of inventory, with much more in the back, at higher prices than the market dictates. Now to be honest, I did see a couple of good deals, but that wasn't the norm. And they aren't the only ones, all dealers seem to be keeping their prices high, hoping the political situation will cause another surge in sales. I think they are going to be holding on to their inventory well into the next regime or longer. Eventually they will have to adjust their prices or go out of business for lack of business.

As I always say. Those things will get sold. It just might be at a bankruptcy auction or by heirs that are willing to sell at market. But they will eventually get sold.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you think an FFL facilitating a transfer costs them nothing? Is their time worthless?
Yes. If they have extra time sitting doing nothing a $10 transfer is money coming in, when otherwise there is zero coming in.

Now if they have people lined up out the door doing $25 transfers, doing a $10 one would cost them money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom