Good old UPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the web site said the tracking would show if there was a sig required but it said "met customer" They went back out and got it from my FFL's neighbor and delivered it correctly. My guy said it was not the regular driver. It's much easier to mis-deliver something than people realize. My customers were very caring and considerate...they always inquired if I could read or not. I found out it's a lot easier to grovel for them (that's all most want) then their happy. It takes way too long to explain "I've got 500 houses to deliver and 100 dismounts for Amazon crap I'm not getting paid for but expected to deliver in the same time as when I had 5 dismounts. All's well that ends well I'm retired now and only dream I'm back at the USPS 4 or 5 times a week. Theres a reason PO workers snap.
"sig required" packages cannot be "driver released" ie, "met customer". So I am concerned if the shipper spent the extra $$ for the signature required charge.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"sig required" packages cannot be "driver released" ie, "met customer". So I am concerned if the shipper spent the extra $$ for the signature required charge.
Wife sent a package to a friend in OKC. The FedEx driver gave the package to another one of wife's friends because she was on his route and asked him for it. She wasn't listed as the recipient or the third party. This wasn't anything signature required either. Pissed my wife off to no end. The driver no longer works for FedEx. Poor career decision on his part.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had plenty shipped, first time it ever happened but I trust FedEx and USPS a lot more than UPS. I'm always disappointed when I find out it was shipped through them. I once shipped a CRT monitor through them because it was too big for the USPS and the UPS manager told me: "well we will ship it but I guarantee you we'll break it". Hard to get a guarantee like that from USPS or FedEx. Sure they will break it too but they won't GUARANTEE to break it!!!
You might not trust FedEx more if you ship Ground! Those contractors are NOT the same as the employees who deliver for Express.

Latest posts

Top Bottom