Good old UPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the web site said the tracking would show if there was a sig required but it said "met customer" They went back out and got it from my FFL's neighbor and delivered it correctly. My guy said it was not the regular driver. It's much easier to mis-deliver something than people realize. My customers were very caring and considerate...they always inquired if I could read or not. I found out it's a lot easier to grovel for them (that's all most want) then their happy. It takes way too long to explain "I've got 500 houses to deliver and 100 dismounts for Amazon crap I'm not getting paid for but expected to deliver in the same time as when I had 5 dismounts. All's well that ends well I'm retired now and only dream I'm back at the USPS 4 or 5 times a week. Theres a reason PO workers snap.
"sig required" packages cannot be "driver released" ie, "met customer". So I am concerned if the shipper spent the extra $$ for the signature required charge.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"sig required" packages cannot be "driver released" ie, "met customer". So I am concerned if the shipper spent the extra $$ for the signature required charge.
Wife sent a package to a friend in OKC. The FedEx driver gave the package to another one of wife's friends because she was on his route and asked him for it. She wasn't listed as the recipient or the third party. This wasn't anything signature required either. Pissed my wife off to no end. The driver no longer works for FedEx. Poor career decision on his part.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had plenty shipped, first time it ever happened but I trust FedEx and USPS a lot more than UPS. I'm always disappointed when I find out it was shipped through them. I once shipped a CRT monitor through them because it was too big for the USPS and the UPS manager told me: "well we will ship it but I guarantee you we'll break it". Hard to get a guarantee like that from USPS or FedEx. Sure they will break it too but they won't GUARANTEE to break it!!!
You might not trust FedEx more if you ship Ground! Those contractors are NOT the same as the employees who deliver for Express.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife sent a package to a friend in OKC. The FedEx driver gave the package to another one of wife's friends because she was on his route and asked him for it. She wasn't listed as the recipient or the third party. This wasn't anything signature required either. Pissed my wife off to no end. The driver no longer works for FedEx. Poor career decision on his part.
YEARS ago, working in a small town, I would cover an older guys' route who would tell me where people worked in town that lived out in the country that we could deliver to. This guy would leave stuff with family members who also lived in town. "This guy's brother/cousin/uncle/aunt works here and you can leave it with them." It was pretty sweet as I wouldn't have to go down them dusty a*# roads! Problem was, some family members DIDN'T get along and boy, they'd tell me about it! Another good thing about it was all of the deliveries were addressed to RT 1/2/3/4 Box#, which the USPS only knew. These deliveries weren't on a map, I mean they were, but those maps were owned by the USPS and they were kinda stingy with that info, haha. Directions were needed with a lot of those deliveries, "go E 3 miles, then S for a mile, turn back E and look for an old windmill with 3 blades, turn S there 1/4 mile and the trailer will be on the Right"

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to defend the ATF but this isn't their problem. Especially since the gun was "found" and delivered where it needed to go. There is no law that requires a signature for firearms upon delivery. It's either a common carrier, shipper or receiver requirement.

As an FFL, I had one gun stolen from me over 15+ years...at a gun show. There's a requirement to notify the ATF of the stolen firearm and a requirement to make proper entries in the A&D book. After that, the ATF will tell you to contact local law enforcement to make a report.

I had two M1A rifles that were "lost" in transit from AcuSport (a distributor) in Montana to me in rural Colorado. Fortunately for me, it wasn't yet my problem when the guns came up missing. They were never located as far as I know.

I've also had UPS deliver a rifle with a truck tire print across the box. It was an Armalite bolt action .50BMG rifle. The bolt was snapped off.

The USPS was, far and away, my preferred method of shipping when I was an FFL. UPS was my next favorite. FedEx Express was really good but I never shipped with them...only received stuff. Almost perfect record. FedEx Ground was the worst of the lot. These days, UPS is the best with FedEx Ground (or Home Delivery...whatever they're called now) second. The USPS? I think everyone knows how I feel about the Ada PO. Their service is absolutely horrible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom