I Don’t Know Jeep Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it mandatory that your left foot must be outside the body of the vehicle if the doors are removed?
Or a passenger have a bare foot out of the window on any vehicle?
My sister used to be an X-ray tech at Babtist Hospital. She saw many gruesome injuries from people that hung their left arm from the driver's window in sideswipes.
I've not followed either trend.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it mandatory that your left foot must be outside the body of the vehicle if the doors are removed?
It’s just like motorcycle riders that have to have their left hand on their hip. It’s cool, it’s mod and it’s hip. Every vehicle group has their special rules. Get with it or put the doors back on.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_4371.jpeg

For that special Jeep owner in your life. I like to surprise the wife by leaving stuff like this on her Jeep.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The closest I ever came to "owning" a Jeep was when we were in Colorado for 20 months after retirement. Our nephew up there had a really seriously upgraded Jeep for off-road, but when he was overseas most of the year, he asked me to "exercise" the Jeep every so often rather than it sit in the driveway for that long. (He was a contract employee to the government in Dubai.)

It was a monster to try to get into because it was jacked up so high.

Cheldsay

New to the site!
Reaction score
Nah, you don’t have to keep your left foot outside when the doors are off. I’ve taken my Jeep out like that a few times, and while it feels awesome to have the wind in your hair, it’s really all about comfort and safety. Just keep your foot inside if it feels better for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom