What does my car/truck know about me???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate the AI. I have a '24 Silverado. I will search a location on my phone when I am out of my truck and when I get in my truck it will pop up on the map. STOP CREEPING ON ME! In addition, there is a third party that records hard stops and starts and they report the data to insurance companies.
there is a third party that records hard stops and starts and they report the data to insurance companies.

All State keeps pushing 'Drive Wise' for a discount on premiums. Seems silly to give an insurance company
information that can and will be used against you.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daily drivers have traditionally been under 4-5 years old. Wasn’t unusual for them to be a couple years or newer.

I keep 1-3 old beaters around for backup or movie/tv show cars that even if they had tracking it ain’t working.

If I was gonna rob a bank or something else stupid it would be in one of the old crappers.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read this.

On a side note. I think I shared this a while back.

I sat on a couple Murder 1 juries recently. In one of them they were able to get a warrant and collect the gps data on the killers cellphone.

Fun part.

They match his entire trip from western Oklahoma to here and connected to Ring doorbell's video perfectly as he traveled.

No expectations of privacy.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read this.

On a side note. I think I shared this a while back.

I sat on a couple Murder 1 juries recently. In one of them they were able to get a warrant and collect the gps data on the killers cellphone.

Fun part.

They match his entire trip from western Oklahoma to here and connected to Ring doorbell's video perfectly as he traveled.

No expectations of privacy.
All made possible by his cell phone. And the remnants of 'On-Star' likely. On Star is still out there and
pumped up by Gov. funding. The Gov. made it too big an investment in it to let it fail.
They need everyone on earth to have a cell phone. I do a goggle street view of places in the Congo and many have cell phones. But no shoes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom