What to do about a friend that won't call me back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@MR.T. - Just asking, what ever happened???
Well. Not much. Still haven't talked with him. He won't call me.
He did send me a text message a while back and said everything was fine between us, and that he is not upset at me at all.
Now in this time, I have had an addition to my family. When my son was 1 month old, my dad sent him a message and explained my concerns with him not contacting me and told him about my wonderful little boy we now have.
4 months later I got the message from him that I mentioned above and he also mentioned that he was happy for me about the new addition to the family. But he never called.
In my mind, in my opinion, a true friend would have called and expressed their excitement and happiness by calling and seeing how the baby and everyone else is doing when they found out about it. Not just 1 sentence at the end of a message discussing something else 4 months later.

I guess he knows how to get in touch with me when he decides to do so.
But I have quit trying to contact him. I'm done with him right now. Even if he does make the effort to get back in touch with me and want to be friends again, things won't be the same.
Until he makes the effort, I've conceded to the fact that he let this friendship dissolve. I did my part to try to keep it from doing so.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He did send me a text message a while back and said everything was fine between us, and that he is not upset at me at all.
Now in this time, I have had an addition to my family. When my son was 1 month old, my dad sent him a message and explained my concerns with him not contacting me and told him about my wonderful little boy we now have.
4 months later I got the message from him that I mentioned above and he also mentioned that he was happy for me about the new addition to the family. But he never called.
In my mind, in my opinion, a true friend would have called and expressed their excitement and happiness by calling and seeing how the baby and everyone else is doing when they found out about it. Not just 1 sentence at the end of a message discussing something else 4 months later.

But I have quit trying to contact him. I'm done with him right now. Even if he does make the effort to get back in touch with me and want to be friends again, things won't be the same.
Until he makes the effort, I've conceded to the fact that he let this friendship dissolve. I did my part to try to keep it from doing so.
Thanks for answering. I think you made some good decisions!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This same thing happened to me once, a best friend since 5th grade. But in my case he had returned from his 4th tour in the sandbox and it must have really messed with his head. He became a hermit and wouldnt answer his phone. I'd drive by his house and it never looked like anyone was home but I knew he was inside hidding. He didnt see combat over there, he was a senior master Seargent and loadmaster for the C-130s
The one and only time he talked about it, he broke down and cried...he had spent weeks loading or offloading caskets filled with 18 and 20 year old kids...
The last thing I ever heard him say was "it shoulda been me instead of those young kids."
So, much different than your situation in alot of ways but I still lost my best friend. No matter how much I assured him that I was always there for him, just 3 miles down the road in Tuttle.
He let his health go and died before he was 46.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

it seems obvious from your posts you think he's the problem...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom