I was tagged 4 times and then crashed into my 57 chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times - those red bastards will find a way to kill you, or make you kill your self.
If you ever get stung by a Red, be very aware of what’s going on with your body. Anaphylaxis shock can kill you. And, the fact that you’ve been stung before with no bad results means nothing!
Death to Reds!
Correction, death to all waspspsppsssspssses! Ahhhh Hates Em!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a huge cottonwood that didn't survive the last drought.
Power company had done some trimming to keep it out of powerless.
It had started to split at ground level. I was afraid it would fall on my fence, gate or grandkids.
I filled a large Ritz cracker box with tannerite. (2 1/2+ #) tightly wrapped the box with duct tape (3-4 layers). Used a chain saw to open the split just enough to force the box. Wrapped the tree, split, box in several rounds of duct tape.
My pickup was 100 yards away. Got set up to shoot. Decided to move pickup back another 50 yards. Youngest grandson is standing in the seat, looking out back window. I shoot, the tree splits, limbs fly, miss fence. I hear a yell, see 10 yo grandson dive off of front porch into flower bed. A limb, about arm size, smacks front door. Open pickup door, 3 yo grandson has face against truck window. He slowly turns, wide eyed and says, "Papa, tree go BOOM!"

We start to walk towards tree and see a black cloud circling. RUN!

Next day, hollow top of tree has 1000s of wasps in it. Mix a pound of tangerine in Mason jar. S-i-L gets close enough to throw jar into hollow and RUN. Waited an hour or so, to let them settle and gather around. Didn't kill all, but a vast majority. The others were convinced to leave.

I don't know how, but nobody got stung.

Last edited:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a huge cottonwood that didn't survive the last drought.
Power company had done some trimming to keep it out of powerless.
It had started to split at ground level. I was afraid it would fall on my fence, gate or grandkids.
I filled a large Ritz cracker box with tangerine. (2 1/2+ #) tightly wrapped the box with duct tape (3-4 layers). Used a chain saw to open the split just enough to force the box. Wrapped the tree, split, box in several rounds of duct tape.
My pickup was 100 yards away. Got set up to shoot. Decided to move pickup back another 50 yards. Youngest grandson is standing in the seat, looking out back window. I shoot, the tree splits, limbs fly, miss fence. I hear a yell, see 10 yo grandson dive off of front porch into flower bed. A limb, about arm size, smacks front door. Open pickup door, 3 yo grandson has face against truck window. He slowly turns, wide eyed and says, "Papa, tree go BOOM!"

We start to walk towards tree and see a black cloud circling. RUN!

Next day, hollow top of tree has 1000s of wasps in it. Mix a pound of tangerine in Mason jar. S-i-L gets close enough to throw jar into hollow and RUN. Waited an hour or so, to let them settle and gather around. Didn't kill all, but a vast majority. The others were convinced to leave.

I don't know how, but nobody got stung.
Where do you get exploding tangerines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom