Fiddleback / brown recluse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get better soon.

Buddy of mine in high school got bitten twice. First was on his lower stomach at the belt line. That thing got a huge core of pus and infection. He was broke, parents were out of country and had no insurance so got to where he would heat up the top of a bottle(or something with a round top - can't recall) and it was big enough to go around the bite. Used it like a hot compress I guess but that would 'suck' the stuff out. Second one was on his back and guess not as bad or he treated it sooner. Both left a noticeable 'dent' and scar at the bite wound. NASTY SPIDERS!

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bifen IT, or Tempo SC are both great. You can find info about these online, plenty of online retailers sell it too. Either of those two chemicals are effective on spiders, and all other insects . I've used both but currently using Bifen IT, Last time I got these chemicals off amazon. If you are willing to deal with mix ratios and have a pump/sprayer, you will want to spray the floor at the baseboards, under larger furniture and appliances, closets, and nooks n crannies.

Thanks! I'm fairly sure my guy uses Tempo.
But sometimes it's just not enough.

I appreciate the info!

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heal fast Tim, sorry to hear this.

A hand held taser will null out a Fiddle Back or any bite. It will save lives.

A simple elect shock and a charcoal poultice will save a life. When my girls were young they worked at Church Camps, each Head camper “adult” was issued a small First Aid kit with a small low volt hand taser and live charcoal with gauze and other components. My wife who is a RN built the kits.
Tasers are good or any other DC electric device (I keep a small cattle prod handy). They make some devices for the treatment of spider bites.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got rid of all the cardboard boxes in the house, garage, and attic. Those spiders love cardboard and wood. They say they really like shake shingle roofs too. We don't see one very often and when we do it is usually in the garage.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a lot of Brown Recluse spiders.
We have quarterly pest spraying done to help, but sometimes it's just not enough.

Any recommended spray (indoors) to fight brown recluse?
I had alot in my last house, best thing I found to use were those box looking sticky traps. I'd change the traps once a year and maybe had 30 fiddlers and a few other bugs in them. Never seen another anywhere else. Place em against the wall in dark places like under the bed, in closet, behind the sofa... very effective. I even caught a baby bull snake that got in somehow.
Or get some information cats lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom