A little ups rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I brokered a trade For some brass with an outstanding member here. We agreed on the trade, I boxed up
My offering,took it to work and set a ups shipment. Sent the item, from Woodward to guymon. The shipment
Got returned to woodward, and then delivered to laverne. I found out that ups says no deliveries to PO boxes.
Well why didn't the online set up reject the PO box? Why did the pickup guy not say anything? Why did ups
Change the label and deliver to completely different town? Got package back and took to USPS to ship out today.
USPS told me that they have a contract with ups that they are supposed to deliver to post office if it is addressed
To a PO box. I spoke with ups about a refund since they botched the whole.process, was told basically to bad so
Sad we don't deliver to PO boxes. I asked about the contract with USPS, they said oh yeah we have that, but sorry
We can not refund your money. So where was the failure here? They have a contract, did not uphold the contract,
But yet I am left holding the bag. In the end he will get his package a week late. So hopefully he doesn't hold it
Against me, just been a huge pain in the butt. So rant over hopefully all.parties are happy in the end

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Seems to me like they should have resent it for you at no charge and handled it properly the 2nd time. The contract with USPS was not in place when I worked there. Many companies today still state no delivery to P.O. Box when you try to order something. But don't worry, Blue can do what Brown can't apparently. 😉

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do all post offices receive UPS packages? My branch sort of acts like they are offering a 'special' service doing it. They told me to use their street address and my box number when using UPS. And that does seem to work with most shippers since the address then looks more like an apartment or office suite address.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any chance it has to do with the service you're paying for? If priority with UPS, will it go to a PO box or does it have to be a lower offering which ends up with the USPS handling the 'last mile'? I've never heard of UPS or FedEx delivering to a PO box. It would have to be handed off to a USPS person with a scan that should reflect 'delivered'.

Oh, well, looks like none of them are perfect - UPS, USPS, FedEx. Too bad you never hear the good stories and only when one of the F's up.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any chance it has to do with the service you're paying for? If priority with UPS, will it go to a PO box or does it have to be a lower offering which ends up with the USPS handling the 'last mile'? I've never heard of UPS or FedEx delivering to a PO box. It would have to be handed off to a USPS person with a scan that should reflect 'delivered'.

Oh, well, looks like none of them are perfect - UPS, USPS, FedEx. Too bad you never hear the good stories and only when one of the F's up.

I constantly b***h about the PO in Ada and their poor service. However, just recently I posted that they seemed to be doing much better in the past month or so. Haven't had an issue with the Ada PO specifically for a while. USPS in general, not so much.

I also found out several people in Francis have contacted Sen Lankford's office re: poor service from the Ada PO. Apparently some regional jefe from the USPS followed up on the complaints and started an investigation into what's driving the complaints about the Ada PO.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talking about shipping stuff. I just received a package shipped thru Fedex from Dallas thru Edmond to Midwest City, and the box arrived all torn up. Fortunately it was nothing that was breakable :censored:

The American Tourister gorilla got layed off and went to work for Fedex.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note: UPS cannot deliver to a PO Box. If you cannot obtain a street address and use a PO Box, the telephone number of the recipient must be on the label. A shipment addressed to a PO Box can experience delays, is not covered by any UPS service guarantees, and is assessed an address correction surcharge.

https://www.ups.com/worldshiphelp/W... to,assessed an address correction surcharge.
The contract they were talking about were about Surepost. You probably shipped Ground. The package has a P0 Box with No address at all, not whatever post office you sent it to, just a po box.
Only deliveries to the USPS by UPS, is through surepost/ups and smartpost/fedex.
There are size/weight limits.

UPS didn't botch the delivery, YOU did.
Deliveries to the post office will have the post office address on it.
You probably shipped it like this

John doe
PO Box 123
OKC, Ok, 73101

Latest posts

Top Bottom