USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm really curious how that tracking number shows up on "Informed Delivery" yet the PO doesn't know the address. It's the name/address I used to create the account.
There is no good reason. I would be knocking on the Postmaster's door instead of/in addition to posting on a forum. They are genuine idiots if they don't have your address flagged for extra attention to getting the fricking mail delivered properly.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a problem that I would complain about to the post office until it was fixed. I would however caution you against leaving outgoing mail in a curbside receptacle since there is a lot of theft going on these days.
I did complain. Yesterday they left the out going mail in the box again. It's a 20 mile round trip to the post office.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I did complain. Yesterday they left the out going mail in the box again. It's a 20 mile round trip to the post office.
I believe I'd be trying to meet the carrier at the box. Had to do that with mine to show her how to shut the door and not leave anything except the last name of Cox. Seems to have worked so far.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the hits just keep on coming... This s**t happens every week with at least one package.

This one made it all the way to Ada. Then, mysteriously, while it's "Out For Delivery", they can't figure out who to deliver it to.

View attachment 432921

Son lives 6 miles out of town. 1/4 mile off highway. USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, Amazon; all screw up / lose deliveries on regular basis.

He uses my address on all packages. Service improved greatly.

My biggest gripe is UPS is the only service that will knock on door when dropping on porch. The rest are drop / throw and go. A simple knock (no need to wait) would eliminate the majority of porch pirates.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not for any individual in particular and I know I've said this before but if a person pretends you're a brand new carrier/driver on a route. When they pull up to your mail box or house, is it clearly identifiable with the address? Not an excuse but you'd be surprised at the number of houses and/or mail boxes that aren't marked. I agree the employee should ring the doorbell when leaving a package on the porch. I have a ring doorbell but a lot of people don't like to use them. Prime time of the year for porch pirates.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FedEx guy dropped off a package today...a fairly large package. I've never seen him before. Seems like there's a different driver every time they deliver. They're usually very good, though, and I don't recall any problems with them here. This guy took the time to carry this fairly large package into the carport to leave it out of the rain.

Fortunately, I don't have much worry about porch pirates. I have a very effective intruder warning system. Plus the house is about 800' off the road.

When I lived in Colorado, FedEx Ground was the devil. Almost never got it right with them. And I almost never had a complaint with the post office.

UPS has been the most consistently reliable carrier in CO, ID and here and I only see a different driver if the regular driver is on vacation or out for some other reason. I lived in the same little mountain town in CO for 25 years and had the same UPS driver the entire time.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a daytime sleeper and night time worker, I appreciate that they don't ring doorbell or knock.

Neat thing is now you can sign up for notifications and get a text, email or alert from an app. You can get all 3 if you so choose.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son lives 6 miles out of town. 1/4 mile off highway. USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, Amazon; all screw up / lose deliveries on regular basis.

He uses my address on all packages. Service improved greatly.

My biggest gripe is UPS is the only service that will knock on door when dropping on porch. The rest are drop / throw and go. A simple knock (no need to wait) would eliminate the majority of porch pirates.
FedEx delivery today. Not even close to the house. Here is the delivered picture from FedEx. And the actual location from the house. That isn't even the driveway
Screenshot_20231130-105909~2.png
IMG_20231130_105636136_HDR.jpg

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Dang anyone besides me get 2 perfectly delivered packages on time today? 1 from Amazon and 1 from USPS. Got 1 more coming tomorrow and my Christmas shopping is complete. Hope they don't screw it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom