USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm not talking about USPS funding. I'm talking about shippers, like Amazon, that take it upon themselves to replace items not delivered to the customer. Insurance claims ultimately raise the cost of insurance. Wasted time and effort by shipping companies resolving missing packages and other issues cost money. These costs can't just be absorbed over and over without the various players raising prices for their services.
I understand what you're saying. I was replying to @turkeyrun and his statement of "guaranteed profit. The last time he joined the thread about a package we found out it was never sent.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was Black Friday and Cyber Monday so all carriers are getting hammered this week. This was going to a Post office on Tuesday. Thats a trailer

I actually drove a contract USPS route in Idaho for a short time. I drove from Lewiston, ID with a stop for a mail pickup in Colfax, WA, to the Spokane airport mail center. Large, sleeper-cab tractor with a 53' trailer. Getting in to that post office in downtown Colfax was a real chore.

You had to approach from the south, turn on that little side street, then turn left into the alley, left again thru the parking lot, drive across the street as far as possible and then back to the dock. The truck stayed out in the street. Luckily it was really early in the morning. Then just a straight shot back to Lewiston from Spokane.

I didn't handle any mail other than pushing the bins on/off the trailer.

Screenshot (378).png

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the look of our FedEx driver the other day I'm guessing they don't test for the wacky weed anymore? I was amazed how many times he stopped in middle of front yard to look at package address, looked around to all the other houses, back at his temp helper, rinse & repeat.
View attachment 433078
View attachment 433079
Go out behind my local post office, you’ll know for certain they don’t test.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I try to ignore this 23 day veteran of USPS but now he's just spouting absolute complete BS. His hatred for USPS is evident by the crap he makes up. It must be sad to let a failed employment make a person so bitter they continue to post such ridiculous stuff in the thread he said he was leaving. Absolutely pathetic.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying. I was replying to @turkeyrun and his statement of "guaranteed profit. The last time he joined the thread about a package we found out it was never sent.
Insurance company sets rate.
File a claim, rate goes up.
Somebody else files claim. Rate goes up.
Storm 1000 miles away, rate goes up.

Insurance was developed as a community pool / co-op to help everybody. Now, just another money machine to keep management and stockholders fat.

Since we have Mr Know-it-All to prove there is no problem, he solved them all. I'm out of here. Enjoy yourself.
There are several forums out there, that were once great and then a very few know-it-all HAD to try and control any and every thread. Clearly, YOU have never had anything go awry and everything suddenly becomes perfect in your presence. Perfection must be exhausting.

I've never put anyone on ignore. I'm beginning to see the why's.

Goodbye,

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...putting insurance on packages is an iffy action. We shipped something to the wife's middle sister this last week and she spoke of insuring the 2 packages for $1000. UPS told her that since we had packed the boxes, their insurance wouldn't pay anything. The wife then cancelled the insurance because she had seen the circumstance where even though UPS had packed the box, the insurance STILL didn't pay.

Both packages made it just fine in the time frame that the UPS lady said it would be.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend posted this today and made me think of this thread… I still feel lucky if any of my mail is actually mine, they did good last week except a package delivered to someone else in my town with the same name. Lucky he was honest and the shipper included my phone number on the package. Fingers crossed maybe we will get the items my wife ordered online for Christmas. We will see.

Attachments

• 15CE67E2-F526-4C9D-8D81-2F4C69B704D1.png
    15CE67E2-F526-4C9D-8D81-2F4C69B704D1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Friend posted this today and made me think of this thread… I still feel lucky if any of my mail is actually mine, they did good last week except a package delivered to someone else in my town with the same name. Lucky he was honest and the shipper included my phone number on the package. Fingers crossed maybe we will get the items my wife ordered online for Christmas. We will see.
This was posted in the thread by another member quite a while back. Looks like your travels with Amazon parcels around Yukon before you got frustrated and quit. They did good this week? That’s strange, you posted this BS on Thursday ”Neighbor from 2 streets over just dropped by to deliver my mail from yesterday. Not even the same house numbers.. SMH. It’s not that hard, I know.” Can’t even get your hate filled complaints straight. Of course you said you were leaving this thread weeks ago as well. Wonder what BS you will make up next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom