A few Good Friday Crappie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my son was playing baseball last weekend in Lawton, so having some time to kill before Fridays game, I figured I would do some crappie fishing. I found a place that sold minnows and headed to lake Ellsworth. I have never fished this lake, but it was a nice morning and I had until noon to check out of the hotel and another hour and a half until the baseball game, so I needed something to do. I caught a little panfish 1st, then a small crappie. I thought it was going to be one of those days and the next fish was a good slab.

Then the next one was even a tad bigger.

All in all, a pretty good catch for 3 1/2 hours,

Sorry about the poor pictures, but I was by myself and had to take pictures the best I could. I ended up cleaning a dozen nice crappie. Most of the big ones were 13 inches in length. did not weigh them. Here are the last 3 that I cleaned. Figured I should get a better picture, should have taken good ones of the bigger ones, but had limited room on the dock.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I caught this little guy on a big chartreuse spinnerbait last night. Turned around and caught one even smaller a couple minutes later.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom