Working on a vintage Hamilton from 1964 - and giving it away!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The channel on YouTube recently surpassed the 1,000 subscriber mark. I thought it'd be fun to celebrate that milestone by doing a vintage watch restoration & giveaway.

I had this old Hamilton in my project drawer for some time. It's a classic 1964 model M89-3, and I thought it had real potential to clean up nice. I figured more people would know about this watch brand than some off the oddball Seiko's that I tend to gravitate towards. These are really excellent watches with high quality Swiss movements. The rebuild went very well, and the watch is looking great.

I uploaded it to YouTube last night and announced the giveaway (which will take place on Sept. 16th). All one has to do to enter to win this watch is subscribe to the channel and leave a comment on the video.

I didn't know if people would respond to it or not, but about 15 hours in thus far they seem to be reacting well to the giveaway. I'm actually pretty excited to give this one to a new owner. It's an awesome vintage watch.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome work as usual Adam. Congrats on the milestone. It's definitely well deserved.

Now, how can I convince you to rig this giveaway in my favor? You can even keep that XL sized strap. ;)

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn't about growing the base, as it was more about saying thank you to those who already joined, but yes, it does look like it is going to boost it a bit.
I know you well enough to know that to be the case Adam. Still, if you’re going to take the time to write a book (metaphor) be nice if folks took the time to read it yes? I see you working on these things and it reminds me of a heart surgeon. I can’t even imagine the time, energy and skill involved in such an undertaking.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished watching the rest of the video. Relaxing, enjoyable as always.
Mrs dlbleak got to watch her hummingbirds and I watched the vid. Good night on the patio.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The channel on YouTube recently surpassed the 1,000 subscriber mark. I thought it'd be fun to celebrate that milestone by doing a vintage watch restoration & giveaway.

I had this old Hamilton in my project drawer for some time. It's a classic 1964 model M89-3, and I thought it had real potential to clean up nice. I figured more people would know about this watch brand than some off the oddball Seiko's that I tend to gravitate towards. These are really excellent watches with high quality Swiss movements. The rebuild went very well, and the watch is looking great.

I uploaded it to YouTube last night and announced the giveaway (which will take place on Sept. 16th). All one has to do to enter to win this watch is subscribe to the channel and leave a comment on the video.

I didn't know if people would respond to it or not, but about 15 hours in thus far they seem to be reacting well to the giveaway. I'm actually pretty excited to give this one to a new owner. It's an awesome vintage watch.

I’ll draw the name for you ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom