A fix to Oklahoma CCW law, instead of an open carry law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doubt I would ever openly carry. I do know that I would use the freedom of choice if I had it. I see it as as a restored freedom.

Michael

cinnpass2000

Marksman
Reaction score
I completely agree with you. I don't want to carry a gun on my hip for everyone to see, but I also don't want someone to inadvertantly see any part of my CCW and me get in trouble for it.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm for open carry, not because I intend to strap a Hawgleg on my hip, but because no matter how well intentioned or well written some "fix" is, it's going to be open to interpetation by some maybe not well intentioned LEO or judge. Could be a money maker for lawyers though, and I reckon ever little bit helps.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
34 other states allow open carry. It does not cause problems or create havoc.

Why are you so quick to compromise? Compromise is what got us in this mess to begin with...

How 'bout restoring the 2nd Amendment which confers our R2KBArms? Stop compromising, and stop deciding for me how I should carry my tool to protect me and my family.

excatly

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
34 other states allow open carry. It does not cause problems or create havoc.

Why are you so quick to compromise? Compromise is what got us in this mess to begin with...

How 'bout restoring the 2nd Amendment which confers our R2KBArms? Stop compromising, and stop deciding for me how I should carry my tool to protect me and my family.

I believe that you transposed numbers in the number of states that have some legal form of open carry. Last I read is was 43 not 34.

:oops3:

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If attacker is within 25 feet, your concealed carry is not going to be effective, might as well not even have a gun. If the attacker is farther away than 25 feet, rarely is there going to be a situation were you can lawfully justify drawing your weapon.

If you want a fighting chance to defend yourself open carry is the only option that makes sense.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If attacker is within 25 feet, your concealed carry is not going to be effective, might as well not even have a gun. If the attacker is farther away than 25 feet, rarely is there going to be a situation were you can lawfully justify drawing your weapon.

If you want a fighting chance to defend yourself open carry is the only option that makes sense.

This is true because????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom