A Good Shop that Rebuilds Ford Small Blocks ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 72 Bronco that has engine trouble. Im looking for a local guy to do a rebuild on a 302.

Does any one have any suggestions on an honest mechanic?

I'm trying to stay in the metro but can tow it a little ways.

Chris

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have freshly built 302 sitting on an engine stand in my shop that is for sale. It has new rings, bearings, pistons, camshaft, oil pump, water pump, a weiand dual-plane intake and is ready to go. It was spec'd to make 300 hp. I want $1500. If you need it put in, I can handle that too for a few hundred bucks more. I am in Stillwater, I could probably come get it as well. 405-880-5343

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... I didn't plan on seeing that.. I was just starting the search for shops and information.

What has the block been bore to? What year is the block?

You said intake .. does it had heads on it? If so what is the code in the heads?

Does it have the 2M crank?

Im interested in it..... Could you be available on a late Friday afternoon or on a weekend to come see it?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am available just about any day any time, I work from home.

Here are the details-
1966 Ford 289 block bored .040"
late-model Ford 302 crank and rods (only difference between a 302 and a 289 is the throw on the crank, blocks are identical). Crank is turned .010"
new cast pistons and rings
Summit rebuild kit which includes Sealed Power bearings, Fel-Pro gaskets, Summit oil pump, Summit camshaft and lifters, summit water pump and a new SFI certified balancer
early 70s Ford performance heads (I don't know the part numbers)
Weiand dual-plane intake
Stock electronic distributor (not points)
Edelbrock 650 carb
Has alternator and brackets. no belt

It is brand new, freshly built. I have not started it, I was waiting to drop it in the car before I started it but as time has passed, I ended up not doing the swap. The engine came out of a 1966 Mustang. I have included a pic of the engine. I have all the details for the build including the cam card. It is a mild cam, but a little bigger than stock, so it will sound good and run great. I also have a brand new MSD ready to run distributor that I would sell with it for an additional $200. You can call me at 405-880-5343
302 parts.jpg302 reduced.jpg

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to that yet.....

Im still trying to figure out what can do and how much it will cost.

I may just go with a fuel injected 5.0 form a salvage yard for now...

Latest posts

Top Bottom