A line has been crossed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sky428

T2 Armory
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friends husband was recently involved in an fatal accident when a young women was texting while driving and crossed over to oncoming traffic hitting him head on. The young women was at fault and unfortunately was killed as a result of the accident. My friends husband was injured during the accident and will require multiple surgeries. Even though the young women was clearly at fault, my friends family has decided that they will not file any sort of law suit and they will not seek any restitution. They do not want to hurt the young women’s family any more than they already are. I think the law suit listed in the OP is a valid suit just like my friends husband would have a valid suit. I think that a good person would do their best to avoid putting an already torn family through further turmoil. That being said, if someone did not have medical insurance, had lost income or earning potential that they needed to support themselves or family then they might not have a choice but to sue.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
A "good" person would not attempt to recover damages because it may put a "torn family" through "further turmoil?" How about if the little gal had not been texting she would have spared your friend and her parents the turmoil? You are doing just what the insurance companies want you to do...you are personalizing the case. The insurance exists to help restore your friend back to where he was before the accident. Using it is not an "attack" on a "torn family," it is simply getting what he is entitled to get.

God forbid, my negligence ever causes an injury to someone else, I would be the first to tell my insurance company tp pay up.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A "good" person would not attempt to recover damages because it may put a "torn family" through "further turmoil?" How about if the little gal had not been texting she would have spared your friend and her parents the turmoil? You are doing just what the insurance companies want you to do...you are personalizing the case. The insurance exists to help restore your friend back to where he was before the accident. Using it is not an "attack" on a "torn family," it is simply getting what he is entitled to get.

God forbid, my negligence ever causes an injury to someone else, I would be the first to tell my insurance company tp pay up.

You've run into the back of a stopped ambulance whilst surfing OSA on your smartphone a time or two huh? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom