A line has been crossed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was I the only person to laugh about this? What does that say about me? Eff 'em. Sue the piss out of 'em for raising a waterhead that couldn't figure out the big azz train was moving faster than he was. I don't think a helmet would have helped that boy.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some more clicking reveals that the kid's mom sued the railway, which is actually the stupid lawsuit here. And she appealed her stupidity.

Joho's mother, Jeung-Hee Park, who had just dropped him off before the accident, filed her own lawsuit against Metra and the Canadian Pacific Railway. The lawsuit said both entities were negligent because Joho had no warning that what he thought was his Metra train was actually an express Amtrak train.

The Metra train was delayed that day, but there was no announcement on the platform's loudspeakers. A Cook County judge found that the railroads had no duty to warn about such an "open and obvious danger" as a moving train, a decision upheld on appeal.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-train-fatality-suit-20111229,0,1641941.story

I'm not sure I'm a big believer in karma or spiritual stuff...but if you get blindsided by a big hunk of a dead boy on your way to work, it might be time to head to the mountains and examine how you've been living your life, man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think she should have sued the train maker and Amtrak for not having a device on the train that would either catch all the body parts, or pulverize them into small enough pieces that they couldn't hurt anyone. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom