A little welding fab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started a set for the wife's 4Runner. The nice thing about the 4Runner is it has a boxed frame. I thought how am I going to mount these sliders to this frame? However, it has many holes already in the frame with welded nuts on the inside of the frame. I just need to figure out the plate steel I'm going to use to mount these to the frame with and just match the existing holes already there. Talk about well thought out and engineered!

66" long
1.75" schedule 40 main tube
1.25" schedule 40 outer tube
1" schedule 40 dividers

IMG_1042.JPG

These look tiny compared to the 9' (108") long sliders going on my truck.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, those look great. Who are you going to use for powder coating?

http://www.gatorhydespray.com/

I'm going to have both sets coated with GatorHyde when I have my truck bed sprayed. The material is non-slip so it makes it a good coating for using the sliders as a step.

I had sprayed the sliders on my Tacoma with GatorHyde in 2012 and there was never even a blemish on them 5 years later. Plus they provide a lifetime guarantee. It's a little bit of a drive to Wagoner, but well worth it.

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Gotcha, it's good stuff. Had a buddy that had a Gatorhyde franchise for a few years. He's driving a truck now and sure miss having the ability to call him up on a whim. He did a few beds for some other friends and my son's fender flares.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
He was near Blanchard. Worked out of his house and had a really nice shop out back. I would help him do the prep and setup and he would give me one heckuva deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom