A little welding fab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GatorHyde was invented in Wagoner and is still produced there as far as I know. I like it because it has a firm rubbery feel and it's not a hard plastic feel like a lot of the bedliner material and it has proven to be very resilient on the sliders just a couple feet off the ground. I've put many miles on a gravel road and I just hit them with a car wash and they still looked new and shiny.

They quoted me $300 for the bedliner and $100 each to prepare and coat the sliders.
They also can do white and I suspect different colors, but it was $200 extra to clean all the pigment out of their machine to spray the white.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So any experience in a bed of a work truck? Gravel road damage is usually handled by little plastic mud flaps/fender flares so not sure that is a good test for the toughness of a bedliner.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those look really good!
Thank you.

I went ahead and added the bracing I mentioned earlier. That is the part of the sliders that can be used to stand on and to reach into the bed of the truck. I didn't really like it hanging out there without some kind of triangulated support.

IMG_1052.JPG

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, that's a helluva job @SlugSlinger. You do good work, man. I sure wish I had a shop and tools to learn how to weld and do all that stuff. I am sure it takes years of practice to get as good as you (and prolly @kwaynem, too), but it looks like a damn handy skill to have. Do you have a pipe bending setup, too, to make the curves like that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom