A Million Dimes Stolen From Parked Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Now we know where they got 'em...
IMG_0816.gif

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle was telling me about a cubic foot block of gold they would display at the mining convention out there in Arizona. Said it was up on a pedestal with one sleepy looking guard half assed watching it. He said one tourist asked what they would do if someone grabbed it and took off. His reply was he would hold the door for them and try to not piss them off. Seems similar. Five gallon bucket of quarters, 10k in dimes... just let me get out of your way.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle was telling me about a cubic foot block of gold they would display at the mining convention out there in Arizona. Said it was up on a pedestal with one sleepy looking guard half assed watching it. He said one tourist asked what they would do if someone grabbed it and took off. His reply was he would hold the door for them and try to not piss them off. Seems similar. Five gallon bucket of quarters, 10k in dimes... just let me get out of your way.
My guess is what the guard meant is, one cubic foot of gold weighs about 1,200 pounds. Anyone who grabs it and runs off is probably a pretty big ol' boy.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Find yourself a bunch of those coin counting machines around town and start dumpin' . . . .

Don’t those machines then spit out a receipt that you take into the bank to deposit the funds into your account? That’s how it’s done at my institution.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t those machines then spit out a receipt that you take into the bank to deposit the funds into your account? That’s how it’s done at my institution.
I've seen them at grocery stores and such back in B.C. times (Before Covid) .
Never used one but I think those charge a fee.
If anybody asks you about all the dimes you're turning in, tell them you run a vending business and you've branched out, setting up a bunch of pay phones around town...

Latest posts

Top Bottom