Just wanted one trailer to put a welder on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do this crap all the time. Never can just do what I set out to do. Always thinking hey I could make a lil money. Lol

So it goes like this…….
I ordered myself a new engine drive welder. I’ve always had access to one with my line of work but I’ve always wanted my own for a couple reasons. 1) for doing side jobs. I refuse to use company tools for side work although they wouldn’t mind a bit. 2) for the generator capability for when power goes down.
I ordered the machine and was in no particular hurry to buy a trailer and really planned to build my own that way it would be setup like I want. Well, Craigslist got me again. I saw a guy who had a trailer without floor that was pretty much the exact dimensions I wanted in a welding trailer. “Bed” is 5 foot wide and 11’ long. Plus, I couldn’t build it for the price he was asking. Turns out he had 21 yes twenty-one of them at one point. These trailers held some sort of large gas compressors originally and something happened that caused the company to scrap the compressors and sell the trailers. They are heavy built. 6”x4” 3/8” thick angle sides and have two 3500lb axles with brakes on the rear one.
So a buddy of mine rode with me Monday and I bought ONE! By the time we got home my buddy talked me into talking to the seller about buying the remaining 4 and my buddy and I would take 2 each. Well, I now own 3 of em. One I will keep. One I’ve already got sold and I’m putting a wood floor in it for that guy. Not sure if I should floor the third one with either wood or diamond plate or sell it without a floor or offer a “build to suit” type of deal. Anyhow they are dang good trailers. I know two of them are 2005 manufactured and I really believe they all are. They were built by Freisian trailers down in Okemah. We pulled them home as doubles the second trip and both of us expected them to whip a little but they pulled straight as an arrow. The rear trailers only had tires on the back axle because the tire situation was the only issue with these trailers.
C20145FD-4264-41C3-991E-1DE6CDD231DF.jpeg
889E9750-5D5A-45D4-877A-ED502E3D4CFF.jpeg
C691A1B9-39C1-4F9D-933D-226EDBE1C6A9.jpeg
169C4656-E87E-45E1-AEE1-9534D9AD7719.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this went a complicated direction. Self inflicted of course. I’ve gone through the posts and pms and I’ll get back to y’all in order in pm. Since I didn’t post this as a classified I don’t know that I should post a price here and then further complicate the timelines. My friend that bought the other two bought them specifically to resale so there are really three that are available. I spoke to him a moment ago when I saw the overwhelming interest here and he said he will take the same money for his that I will for mine. There really isn’t a lick of difference in them. We are both located in Inola.
So far I will pm @perfor8 @JEVapa @Cold Smoke @OKRuss in that order. Please be patient yall I accept total responsibility for creating this mess that I can see might turn into a real mess.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this went a complicated direction. Self inflicted of course. I’ve gone through the posts and pms and I’ll get back to y’all in order in pm. Since I didn’t post this as a classified I don’t know that I should post a price here and then further complicate the timelines. My friend that bought the other two bought them specifically to resale so there are really three that are available. I spoke to him a moment ago when I saw the overwhelming interest here and he said he will take the same money for his that I will for mine. There really isn’t a lick of difference in them. We are both located in Inola.
So far I will pm @perfor8 @JEVapa @Cold Smoke @OKRuss in that order. Please be patient yall I accept total responsibility for creating this mess that I can see might turn into a real mess.
Good man really the only fair way to do business

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with Tom Canady at Sun Refinery in Tulsa. Tom had worked at Texaco until they closed down, and he wasn't old enough to retire so he came to work at Sun. This messed up his retirement, because he didn't have enough time at ether place to amount to a good pention. He decided to sell trailers, so he bought 3 cheap trailers that sold for $600.00, each with junk tires back in the 1980's. He lost sleep worried he woudn't be able to sell them. Long story short, by the time he retired in about 2003, he had a stock of about $200,000.00 and a was selling close to a million dollars per year from his front yard, on a busy road. Tom passed away, and now his grandson has moved this business, zoning problems in Toms yard, to a nice conmertial lot on Hwy 97, between Sand Springs, and Spaulpa, and it looks like they have three, or four, time the stock that Tom had! It's GREAT to see good people suceed, Tom worked his tail off getting this started, would get off graveyard shift and drive to Texas, or Missouri, and get a load of trailers, without any sleep, when he was in his 60's!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom