A moment of silence please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We tried Kendall's about a year to eighteen months ago. It was good, but I don't think it was worth the drive all the way from Enid. Oh, well. I've wasted time, money and miles for lesser things. I would go back if I was already in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip. Now, Mary's Grill in Tonkawa ain't all that far from me. That might just be a road trip for lunch sometime soon!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We tried Kendall's about a year to eighteen months ago. It was good, but I don't think it was worth the drive all the way from Enid. Oh, well. I've wasted time, money and miles for lesser things. I would go back if I was already in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip. Now, Mary's Grill in Tonkawa ain't all that far from me. That might just be a road trip for lunch sometime soon!

Everything I've had at Mary's has been delish!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, they were open! Must have just been really busy first time I called. I had their "lite" chicken fry, because there was gonna' be a piece of pie involved and I knew there was a platter of homemade chicken enchiladas available for dinner tonight!

Mary's CF.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, they were open! Must have just been really busy first time I called. I had their "lite" chicken fry, because there was gonna' be a piece of pie involved and I knew there was a platter of homemade chicken enchiladas available for dinner tonight!

View attachment 189105
Even though Mary is dead and gone, the tradition still lives on as well as the great diner food.
When Mary was still alive, she said that if any of the college students from NOC were hungry, she would feed them at no charge. She held up her end of the deal more than once.
Don't know if that offer still stands with the new owners, but the food remains great.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 189105

Don, next time you decide to go there, let me know. I might be available to buy your lunch!! Dennis may want to show up also!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps this will interest @druryj as well as the Lakeside Grill in Ponca City? However this one is much closer in that it is in Noble, OK, just south of Norman. I've not eaten there yet, so I don't know how good they are. They have been in business for quite some time though. They are located in downtown Noble.

View attachment 188982

Their menu:

Kendall's Menu
You have my attention.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don, next time you decide to go there, let me know. I might be available to buy your lunch!! Dennis may want to show up also!

We might just have to make that happen! The wife had a club sandwich wrap and she, too, was impressed. She was already talking about going back before we got home.
ETA: I'm not really much on cream pies but all they had left was banana cream pie or pumpkin. The banana cream was wonderful!

Latest posts

Top Bottom