A what Cleaner do You use Thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I clean with Moose Milk and a toothbrush. Then I'll rinse with the hose. Repeat if needed. I'll give the gun one more spraying with moose milk and then I'll dry it off with a air compressor. Then a light coat of straight Ballistol where needed.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Straight Ballistol, then use it to lube and protect the metal, wood and plastic, it stops rust. I even use it to stop the blueing and blackening process when I cold blue or blacken a weapon, Many yease ago, before most of you were born, I used diesel oil, when there was nothing else. Now I use Ballistol, I feel it is the best product on the market today, I feel it is so good, that I invested and became a distributor, and sell it to dealers and the public.

Captain Fuzzybritches

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As for me I am a fan of Butch's Bore Shine and Breakfree CLP.

Butch's does a great job on carbon and a good job with copper. It claims it removes lead too but I really can't say whether it does or not as I don't shoot much lead.

i have a bottle of butch's that i keep around but i don't use it unless copper fouling gets WAY out of control. the fumes are too much for my girly little nose.

ballistol for cleaning and lubrication. gun scrubber and/or butch's if there's too much crap for ballistol to handle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom