ABC News-CC Permit Holders Live In a Dream World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are videos that blow this ABC "report" out of the water. I hate to say it, but even the first half of the Ersland video makes a good case against ABC imo.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me summarize the problem the press has - they think most "gun enthusiasts" (read - hicks/bumpkins/fools and those generally unable to govern themselves) need to have dangerous toys taken away pre-emptively because we will hurt ourselves or someone else (maybe even someone that matters like...them). The attitude is so prevalent that most of the folks who hold it don't recognize it as a prejudice they simply see it as "reality". The 2nd Amendment or the reasoning behind it doesn't make a dent in their world view - they either ignore it or argue that the 2A means whatever they choose it to mean regardless of its wording or context.
Now it doesn't hurt that a certain percentage (a small percentage) are a bunch of fools - but the same can be said of licensed car drivers and pilots. I also seem to recall that a fair number of parents are lousy parents, Church goers are lousy Church goers, etc. In fact, freedom of speech is exercised (without a license) by many people who haven't the foggiest notion of the consequences of what they advocate (Occupy XXX) and speech, especially political speech, can have much more far-reaching and decidedly nasty effects than a few bullets.

OK, I probably haven't said anything most of you don't already know but maybe it will help you regard the seemingly arrogant US media elite with the pity they actually deserve. I feel sorry for anyone whose chosen career is to uncover the truthand yet who seems so wedded to a prejudiced "reality" instead.

VERY well said.

There are videos that blow this ABC "report" out of the water. I hate to say it, but even the first half of the Ersland video makes a good case against ABC imo.

I agree.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This an old video from 20/20 iirc.It has been discussed here before I believe.Let's see if I have this correct.
In this corner we have a young ccw holder with limited experience.
In the other corner we have a trained police emergency response officer,not a psycopathyic moron,who knows where the ccw holder is.

Naw,not biased at all. :rolleyes2 BTW,there has never been a more "yellow"(and anti gun) journalistic tv show than 20/20.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This an old video from 20/20 iirc.It has been discussed here before I believe.Let's see if I have this correct.
In this corner we have an airsoft and video game player.
In the other corner we have a trained police emergency response officer,not a psycopathyic moron,who knows where the ccw holder is.

Naw,not biased at all. :rolleyes2 BTW,there has never been a more "yellow"(and anti gun) journalistic tv show than 20/20.

Fixed it for you.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This test was made by the VPC, a group that believes all concealed carriers are bloodthirsty murders. Their arguments not only ignore facts, but show a consistent delusion that they are somehow making the world a better place, even though every state that has passed concealed carry laws has experienced violent crime reductions at a much higher rate than the rest of the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom