??? about Dillon 550 primer tube ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to which brand of primers you are using. I have never had a problem with gunk in the primer tubes on either of my 550B's. For the past year and a half I have been using wolf primers almost exclusively. Prior to that it was Winchester, CCI and Remington. Out of the 50K primers I have used in the past year, 45K of them were wolf.. Blitzfike

Federal ... some CCI. I don't know what the deal is. Our reloading is in the house in a spare bedroom so it's not like it's out in the dust or anything. God knows how many bullets we have loaded since we got it but not as many as you have I don't think.

Not so much "gunk" like wet and sticky. More like the residue you find in your gun when you shoot a lot.

Is working like new now ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when I talked to Dillon about if a primer gets jammed in a tube. they would much rather send out a new tube for safety reason.

I don't mind getting stuff from them when I need it. That's why we bought a Dillon, but there wasn't a jammed primer. They were just hanging up every so often.

Is working fine now. Thanks for the tips!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom