??? about Dillon 550 primer tube ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am a little late BB , but just throw the whole thing in the dishwasher and hit it with WD-40 when you take it out . It will be lemon fresh and ready to go.

LOL ... if you has seen all the black gunk GC got outta there, believe me, this would have been an option. Thank goodness for rubbing alcohol and q-tips ... :rollingla

TroyF

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like GC got it fixed, but I would add that I push a piece of spent 45ACP brass onto the top of the black "push" rod. It snugs up nice. The extra weight on the rod has helped the occasional primer feeding problem.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
call Dillon... they will send out new replacement tubes for free

My primers are hanging up in the tube. I am thinking it needs to be cleaned, but I am a little leery of taking the machine apart ... No, GC is not here ... Any suggestions??

Thanks guys!!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to which brand of primers you are using. I have never had a problem with gunk in the primer tubes on either of my 550B's. For the past year and a half I have been using wolf primers almost exclusively. Prior to that it was Winchester, CCI and Remington. Out of the 50K primers I have used in the past year, 45K of them were wolf.. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom