AC Compressor Flipping the Breaker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thought exactly.

Talked to Joe and he suggested the condenser fan motor has shorted on one leg of the 240 volt. The contractor was open and the fan was still trying to run.

I called Locke in Claremore and talked to Leroy. He said they had the motor and i told him I was on my way. He said I was cutting it close cause they close at noon. I get there at noon straight up and Leroy was locking the door. He said he already locked everything down. He said I could pay with cash. I said that would have been possible if you told me. I said I could go across the street and get cash as he starts to walk to his truck. I held my tongue, but I will find the highest level of management I can on Monday and will have a conversation with them about the unprofessional behavior of the employee.

Talked to Joe again afterwards and he said he would get me fixed up with a new fan motor and capacitor. Joe is a great guy. He took time away from his activity today to diagnose and provide help with this.

I highly recommend him with your HVAC issues. (918) 850-2665[/QU

Glad you got it straightened out, also glad to hear there are still Guys like Joe out there ...Thanks Joe

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thought exactly.

Talked to Joe and he suggested the condenser fan motor has shorted on one leg of the 240 volt. The contractor was open and the fan was still trying to run.

I called Locke in Claremore and talked to Leroy. He said they had the motor and i told him I was on my way. He said I was cutting it close cause they close at noon. I get there at noon straight up and Leroy was locking the door. He said he already locked everything down. He said I could pay with cash. I said that would have been possible if you told me. I said I could go across the street and get cash as he starts to walk to his truck. I held my tongue, but I will find the highest level of management I can on Monday and will have a conversation with them about the unprofessional behavior of the employee.

Talked to Joe again afterwards and he said he would get me fixed up with a new fan motor and capacitor. Joe is a great guy. He took time away from his activity today to diagnose and provide help with this.

I highly recommend him with your HVAC issues. (918) 850-2665
Ya cause leroy probably didn't have anything to do on Saturday but to stay late for a guy who knew his a/c was broke at 6.55 am but didn't show up to buy the parts til 12:01

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya cause leroy probably didn't have anything to do on Saturday but to stay late for a guy who knew his a/c was broke at 6.55 am but didn't show up to buy the parts til 12:01

He could have told me he wasn't going to wait on me before I drove 15 miles. I would have not made the trip and wasted my time. Pretty simple concept.

Nice to have a forum to tell everyone about locke's business practices and maybe someone won't waste a trip to spend their hard earned money.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

If 10 minutes was considered an inconvenience, O'l Leroy needs to find another profession. Employees like this are what gives any industry a bad name.

SlugSlinger, I wouldn't waste my time going to management, go straight to the corporate office.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joe home owner showing up at closing on 65-70 degree day does not constitute an emergency to a company whose primary purpose is to wholesale to contractors.good luck gettin the guy in trouble for having a life outside of work

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Joe home owner showing up at closing on 65-70 degree day does not constitute an emergency to a company whose primary purpose is to wholesale to contractors.good luck gettin the guy in trouble for having a life outside of work

No one said anything about it being an emergency. I doubt anything will happen to Leroy, but I will bet the owner of this company will not appreciate the way it was handled. Coming from someone who has compassion for his fellow man in need, I would have spent the 5 minutes taking care of him. That is the same reason people call Joe when they need assistance, because they know he will go out of his way to help.

Not to worry though, there will always be people that have the same "screw them, I'm not going out of my way to help him" attitude like yourself, and there will always be the "Joe's" in the World that continue to help anyone in need.

And yes, I have worked in the service sector for the last 25 years and can tell you, this guy needs to find another profession. I will be curious to know how the owner of Locke supply feels about this situation.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The empolyees own locke supply and have since Don Locke died in 2000.you don't know leroy or anything about him or me for that matter, you have no idea why he needed to leave on time.bottom line is they close at noon he did his time and had some where else to be

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to ours this summer to an Armstrong unit I had installed 2 years ago. Called our guy here in Coweta (the same guy who installed our system), he came by, went to the outside unit, kneeled down and listened to it for a second, went back to his truck and came right back with a silver part, he took the panel off and replaced it, the capacitor(?), and it fixed it right up. He said he carries a ton of them on his truck in the summer because it is the majority of his call's fixes. Minutes later we were back in business and the ol lady was happy. May not be your problem but thats what fixed mine. What ours was doing: fan was running, the thermostat read 81 instead of its usual 75 when we got up, and the outside unit was not running. Checked the big fuses in its breaker, they were ok. All you heard out of the unit was just a humming sound.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom